Brain freeze.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My brain isn't working today. So hopefully somebody can help me.
A while ago Microsoft developed some software that you could install on two machines and basically drag files and folder from one to the other just by using the mouse.
I seem to have forgotten what it is called.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, Drag-n-Drop is all you need, no?

As long as you can see the source and destination, should be no problem.

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
No, it was software that would let you drag files / folders over to another PC on the same network

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Could it be TeamViewer...? It's free (for non-commercial use) from linky: FileHippo.com

Edit: Also, just found this over at Microsoft - just mentioning it in case it helps. :)

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The main reason really behind wanting the software is. I have 2 PC's plus a Mac Pro on the same desk. Mac Pro is easy cause the keyboard and mouse are wireless. But no space for 2 x keyboards and mice. And the software saves on having to buy a KVM switch for the 2 PC's :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. I have a similar problem here, if I want to use my older PC. OH and I share a fairly big desk, but to fit a third keyboard and mouse on here, is not really viable.

Hope it works smoothly for you Evan. :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. I have a similar problem here, if I want to use my older PC. OH and I share a fairly big desk, but to fit a third keyboard and mouse on here, is not really viable.

Hope it works smoothly for you Evan. :thumb:

Give it a go. I have found it pretty good so far.

Ask a Question