Windows XP Boot Problem

Reaction score
I have a Dell Precision 670 computer running Windows XP Home Edition. The problem I am having is that when booting up it fails to recognize the SATA Hard drive. I get the on screen message"Drive 1 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-1
Strike the F1 key to continue,F2 to run Setup Utility"
Striking the F1 key boots up the computer. Striking the F2 key takes me to the set up menu. I selected boot sequence and selected Onboard SATA Hard Drive as the boot source. This did not correct the problem. What do you suggest I do the correct the problem?

Reaction score
This message appears during the post right ? How many drives you have installed on the pc ? You can check it if you open the case and see how many are inside, if it is only one then i believe that your hard drive is dead, sleeping with the fishes. You can double check your drive status with a disk diagnostic utility or through BIOS but DeLL BIOS are a bit weird to understand. So when you identify your hard drive, i mean brand name like Western Digital, you can download the Disk diagnostic utility and check your drive.

Ask a Question