Bluetooth tack on Xp Embedded Sp2

F

Fireblade

Dear All,

Good Morning! Have a Nice Day.

Does Windows XP Embedded support Blue Tooth Devices? Or there any Blue
Tooth Stack available for Windows XP Embedded?

I need to use a bluetooth program with the microsoft bluetooth stack of
sp2.I cannot use widcomm driver of the dongle usb

Please help me in this regard.

With regards,
Paolo

K

KM

Paolo,

Answer is Yes.
In general, XPe supports everything XP Pro does.
Bluetooth components appeared in XPe SP2 database update.

F

Fireblade

Good Evening! Have a Nice Night!

After a right installation of the dongle (I 've tested 3 different type ) in
the XP Embedded of my Hp thin Client T5720 I'm not able to find the control
console microsoft for the bluetooth as soos as in a Pc with Xp Professional
Sp2, if sp2 of win xp embedded support bluetooth were is the console? May I
install the microsoft support for bluetooth by myself?

Please help me in this regard.

With regards,

Paolo

K

KM

Paolo,

If by the console you mean the Bluetooth Control Panel applet, then yes, you can try copying the right cpl (bthprops.cpl) from XPe
repository to your device's \windows\system32 folder. Hopefully, all the CPL dependencies are in your image.

F

Fireblade

Thanks KM for your aid,

I'm a dummy, if isn't a thing that take you much time, may you explain me
step by step how install a bluetooth dongle in an XPe, I not able to solve
it.

Specs. I want use a program that use a dongle bluetooth and that work good
in a win xp professional not with Widcomm Console but only with Microsoft
Bluetooth Services included in Sp2.

So I have decided to buy a Hp Thin Client T5720 but I haven't take in mind
that xpe is similar not the same of xp pro...

With Regards Paolo

K

KM

Paolo,

From user prospective, installing a Bluetooth device on your PC is the same process on XPe as on XP Pro. This is true only assuming
the XPe image you've got is big enough and includes all the required components from Bluetooth stack as well as relevant GUI parts.

It sounds like the HP thin clients may not have all the components included (sorry, last time I played with an HP thin client was 3
or 4 years ago and they obviously evolved since then so I am not up-to-date with it).
I don't know what the T5720 is based on but it may or may not be running SP2 image (you better check this out at run time).

The proper way to resolve your issue would be contacting HP and ask them to provide a new image that includes the right (missing)
components. Otherwise all you are going to do is a hack and although technically possible but requires some knowledge of some XP
components.

If you are up for the hack, the first thing you should check is (make sure to log in as administrator on the device):
- if you plug in the Bluetooth device, does it get installed properly (check it out in the Device Manager).
- if didn't, check out if the image has all the relevant driver components such as CoInstaller and Device Class
Installer for the Bluetooth devices. Check out \windows\setupapi.log file to see what errors were logged in there.
- if it did, does the image include Bluetooth Control Panel applet? (check out Control Panel)
- if the CPL is missing, add it by copying from XPe Repository (or for testing purposes from XP Pro machine) to
your runtime along with all it static and dynamic dependencies (use DependencyWalker tool of Microsoft to explorer the binary).

Ask a Question