Windows Vista Blue screen

Reaction score
hello guys i been having this problem in the pas few days. My pc randomly crashes.. This is one of my reports. I have Windows Vista SP 1 Home premium . Dell xps M1530 3 gigs ram and 2.4 ghz , mcafee security center .
If anyone could help me decipher whats happening with my pc . THx

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Mini102608-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

BCCode: 24

BCP1: 001904AA

BCP2: B3355B0C

BCP3: B3355808

BCP4: 82E9E72E

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Server information: afdbaa94-d8e0-4049-938c-2138366340b2

Reaction score
Hello,

Please try:

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System from the list of results and then skip to Step 4.

Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.

Click on the System link.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

You can now close the System window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

This will display a errror code, then you can let use know what the code is and we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Here it is guys. it happened again , while i was watching a movie in quicktime.

Stop: (0xC00000005, 0x8e7f3d3e, 0x61b9eo, 0x00000000)
Npfs.sys- address 8e7f3d3e base at 8e7 ee 000, datestamp 47918a69

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Do you know how to check if the Memory is fitted securely as all of those error codes look like memory issues to me.

Reaction score
elektrik said:
Here it is guys. it happened again , while i was watching a movie in quicktime.

Stop: (0xC00000005, 0x8e7f3d3e, 0x61b9eo, 0x00000000)
Npfs.sys- address 8e7f3d3e base at 8e7 ee 000, datestamp 47918a69

Hi,

As WF said these look like RAM errors so can you please remove all memory sticks and then reseat them again, making sure that all the contacts between the sticks and the slots on the motherboard are clean and free of dust.

Regards

Reaction score
well thx for all the help guys.

This is a laptop and i still have warranty. I have no idea of checking the ram on laptops but I think its not very hard compared to desktops. Should i send it back to manufacturer and wait for the extreme long time to get it back or just check it myself

Reaction score
elektrik said:
well thx for all the help guys.

This is a laptop and i still have warranty. I have no idea of checking the ram on laptops but I think its not very hard compared to desktops. Should i send it back to manufacturer and wait for the extreme long time to get it back or just check it myself

You can test it with this software if it finds errors then send it back for warrantry repair. Let it run for 2 full cycles = 200%

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
so I talked to a dell technician and he said it was software related. but i know those ppl are not the best technicians. he suggested a system factory restore. Im just too lazy now to do it and then have to reinstall everything again

Reaction score
elektrik said:
so I talked to a dell technician and he said it was software related. but i know those ppl are not the best technicians. he suggested a system factory restore. Im just too lazy now to do it and then have to reinstall everything again

Hi,

It is a lot of hassle but its worth it, and it does not take to long once you have backed up all your data. If the problem still happens after a factory reset then there is a fault with the laptop. At least you would have tried what they have told you to do.
nod.gif

Did you test the RAM with the software that I linked to?

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
elektrik said:

If your laptop is under warrenty then send it back, don't try do anything yourself or you might end up breaking terms of warranty..The idea of a warranty is for them to help you..And as for your comment about Dell technicians..Lets just say you are wrong there..Dell provides some of the best customer service/support in the world..And have some of the ost highly skilled/qualified engineers working for them..

Reaction score
HIC
The problem is usually caused by the RAM error. Change a memory bar maybe will be OK.

Ask a Question