Blue Screen

G

For the past few months I have been getting a blue screen on occasion. Lately, the blue screen has been popping up almost dailey and in the past week, it has been poppin up 4 or 5 times in just a few hours. The blue screen says that a device driver is causing the problem, but I haven't installed any new software or hardware lately. I wouldn't know what to uninstall to see where the problem might be. The screen says to run "driver verifier" and/or "enable special pool" but I have no idea what either of these two items are.

Please help.

G

The restore points only go back until February 2004. The blue screens started before that.

G

without trying to sound cocky or obvious, you must have installed something or have gotten rid of something the few months back that started this mess. right click my computer , go to properties, hardware,device manager and look through the list for any yellow exclamation symbols which might indicate an error. if you find something let me know.

G

Yes! At the very bottom I have a problem with USB SSFDC When double clicking on it it states drivers not installed for this device

I do remember a few months back that I installed a Sandisk for my digital camera. I then uninstalled it as I do not use the camera anymore, however I left the sandisk hardware pluged in.

Could this be the problem?

G

if the blue screen stops, unplug device and uninstall software, gee anything else i forgot to say?lol

Ask a Question