Blocked sender in newsgroups

Laura

In OE6 an e-mail address added to the Block sender list for Newsgroups meant
that messages from those posters automatically were deleted.

How do you do the same in Windows mail?

thanks in advance...

Laura said:
In OE6 an e-mail address added to the Block sender list for Newsgroups
meant that messages from those posters automatically were deleted.

How do you do the same in Windows mail?

thanks in advance...
Instead of adding them to the Blocked Sender list, open a message from
them, then click on Message, then Create Rule From Message, then
the box before Delete it, then OK.

Dave

You add the poster to Blocked Sender list the same way, but their previous
posts won't be removed.

Laura

Instead of adding them to the Blocked Sender list, open a message from
them, then click on Message, then Create Rule From Message, then
the box before Delete it, then OK.

Thanks. I wonder if Live Mail handles this better....

Craig Block Sender Agogo

Can Microsoft add the "Block Sender" functionality to Windows Mail?

Enough people seem to want it, I certainly do. It was so much more simpler
than using the Create Rule option. Plus it did remove previous posts which is
strangely satisfying.

If not: does Windows Mail have an API that I could look into so I can
develop a plug in and charge people for it so I can get rich?

"Craig Block Sender Agogo" <Craig Block Sender
Can Microsoft add the "Block Sender" functionality to Windows Mail?

They probably can, but since they're no longer offering updates for
Windows Mail, they aren't likely to. They're now putting most of their
email effort into a newer program, Windows Live Mail.
Enough people seem to want it, I certainly do. It was so much more simpler
than using the Create Rule option. Plus it did remove previous posts which
is
strangely satisfying.

If not: does Windows Mail have an API that I could look into so I can
develop a plug in and charge people for it so I can get rich?
I don't know. If you can, it seems like a good idea, though.

Gordon

"Craig Block Sender Agogo" <Craig Block Sender
Can Microsoft add the "Block Sender" functionality to Windows Mail?

Try Message-Junk Email-Add sender to Blocked Senders List.....
You DID look there, before posting....

Gordon

"Craig Block Sender Agogo" <Craig Block Sender

They probably can,

It's there in my version - Message-Junk Email-Add sender to blocked senders
list....

Craig Block Sender Agogo

Try Message-Junk Email-Add sender to Blocked Senders List.....
You DID look there, before posting....

Yes, I DID look there thanks. I also used it. I then came to the conclusion
that I preferred the "Block message" option in OE.

You DID consider that possibility before posting...

Gordon

Craig Block Sender Agogo said:
Yes, I DID look there thanks. I also used it. I then came to the
conclusion
that I preferred the "Block message" option in OE.

You DID consider that possibility before posting...

But you can't use OE in Vista....

Craig Block Sender Agogo

Gordon said:
But you can't use OE in Vista....

Yes I know.

That's why I am asking if "block sender" can be added to windows mail. A
"block sender" option which does the junk email thing plus removes all

Charles W Davis

"Craig Block Sender Agogo" <Craig Block Sender

They probably can, but since they're no longer offering updates for
Windows Mail, they aren't likely to. They're now putting most of their
email effort into a newer program, Windows Live Mail.

I don't know. If you can, it seems like a good idea, though.
Windows Mail help returns:
When a message is received from an e-mail address that's on the Blocked
Senders list, it is automatically moved to the Junk e-mail folder. The only
exception is if the address is also on the Safe Senders list, in which case
the message won't be filed as junk because the Safe Senders list has
priority over the Blocked Senders list.

Click to open Windows Mail.

Click a message from the sender that you want to add to the Blocked Senders
list.

Click the Message menu, point to Junk e-mail, and then do one of the
following:

To block all future messages from that specific sender, click Add Sender to
Blocked Senders List.

To block all messages from any sender whose domain name (the portion of the
e-mail address after the @) is the same as the sender's, click Add Sender's
Domain (@example.com) to Blocked Senders List.

Note
If you want to add a sender to the Blocked Senders list and you don't have a
message from that sender available, you can add the sender's address
manually. To do this, click the Message menu, point to Junk e-mail, and then
click Junk e-mail Options. Click the Blocked Senders tab, click Add, type
the e-mail address you'd like to block, and then click OK.