Blank program

G

I am running XP pro, with Zone Alarm and even with a fresh install having written zero's to the drive and loading all the service packs I have zone alarm warnings always popping up that a program with no name wants to be a server and connect to ip 0.0.0.0 If I deny the connection I cannot get a web page up. I am running a virus scanner that is new and updated, as well and <now> a basic hardware firewall. Any clues?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

ZoneAlarm is not a Microsoft product. Please visit the
ZoneAlarm forums:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/userForum/userForum_agreement.jsp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I am running XP pro, with Zone Alarm and even with a fresh install having written zero's to the drive and
loading all the service packs I have zone alarm warnings always popping up that a program with no name wants
to be a server and connect to ip 0.0.0.0 If I deny the connection I cannot get a web page up. I am running a
virus scanner that is new and updated, as well and <now> a basic hardware firewall. Any clues?

G

Thank you for your input,
I did not expect the program to be a zone alarm issue, it merely informed me of the program running. Because of my clean install, I wondered if this was a normal XP thing, Or do I have an issue...

M

Mike

If you do not allow programs to connect with the internet, how can you
reasonably expect to see even a webpage.. when a program asks for connection
through Zonealarm, allow it ands let Zonealarm cover your back..

MPSFUN said:
I am running XP pro, with Zone Alarm and even with a fresh install having
written zero's to the drive and loading all the service packs I have zone
alarm warnings always popping up that a program with no name wants to be a
server and connect to ip 0.0.0.0 If I deny the connection I cannot get a web
page up. I am running a virus scanner that is new and updated, as well and
<now> a basic hardware firewall. Any clues?

Ask a Question