Black 8GB iPhone

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not from me as I've already got one, but a quick question that might also help others ;)

If you stick an o2 sim in it, will you get free browsing on it if you use the web bolt-on?

FWIW, I love my iPhone - much more so than I thought I would!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
If you stick an o2 sim in it, will you get free browsing on it if you use the web bolt-on?

If the phone TripleX is selling is a contract phone and you stick a contract O2 sim in you will get all features as normal. But you can't stick a pay and go sim in and get all the features..You need a P & G iPhone for that. You could go to your local phone shop and waste £25 getting it unlocked, but the second you plug it into your computer and it starts updating it locks the phone again.

Ian Cunningham said:

Me the same, I hated mine at first. But liked it so much I upgraded/changed mine for the new iPhone 3gs last week.

Reaction score
Yea it is a contract phone. However I think it's sold now
Waiting for the owner to get back to me in next hour or so to confirm it
I would have had it myself but i've just bought a Wii for lil'man so skint now lol

Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
just bought a Wii for lil'man so skint now lol

And you and the lil''man are going to get more entertainment out of the Wii together than you having a fancy phone in your pocket....:thumb:

Reaction score
Yes we are he adores it. Soon as he gets out of bed he shout's "Daddy, Game game"

Reaction score
nice phone

it frustrates me a lot to see the iphone only on 02

I'm with tmobile is there a way I can get an i-phone working on t-mobile?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
psd99 said:
nice phone

it frustrates me a lot to see the iphone only on 02

I'm with tmobile is there a way I can get an i-phone working on t-mobile?

it is possible to unlock the iphone to work with any provider

Also orange have announced they will be offering the iphone as well as o2, i doubt it will take t-mobile long to get it as well considering they are now joining forces with orange

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
it is possible to unlock the iphone to work with any provider

Yes it is possible to unlock the iPhone to any provider.But as I stated in my other post to one of Bohdi's threads when he wanted to bring one back from the land down under, you will end up with nothing but a very ex[ensive phone that can do nowt but text and make calls......And that is it...

Ok I know caps lock is shouting, but I am doing this so people will listen......

IPHONES ARE DEPENDANT ON SOFTWARE THAT IS TRANSMITTED EVERY SINGEL SECOND THEY ARE SWITCHED ON.....IE. THE APPLICATIONS THAT AN IPHONE HAS WILL ONLY WORK WHEN THEY HAVE AND ARE CONNECTED TO AN O2 TOWER.

Noiw you can get an iPhone unlocked and it will work with any sim card, but as I stated above you will have nothing but an expensive phone that texts, and everytime you plug your iPhone into your computer to update your iTunes or charge it, it will connect to Apple. Once it does that and the firmware updates it will automaticaly lock your phone to O2/Apple again.

As for Orange offering the iPhone, yes they want to, but O2 have just signed another 10 year lease with Apple.....Guys please listen to me..Don'y waste your money trying to unlock them...

Source

iPhone forums
O2 Forums
crave.cnet.co.uk

And now I will leave it to your reading...This thread should be made an iPhone unlocking sticky....

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i know its not worth the effort to unlock them, although i'm sure the underground is working on a way to get round the problems with itunes etc

its not a case of wanting to offer the iphone, they already are

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/

how long it'll take them to start actually shipping handsets is another question

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
its not a case of wanting to offer the iphone, they already are

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/

how long it'll take them to start actually shipping handsets is another question

If you go on the forums I have linked, specially the Apple on, its documented O2 have just signed another 10 years with Apple, kicking Orange sstraight out the window....

although i'm sure the underground is working on a way to get round the problems with itunes etc
I can unlock them frommy PC without a problem...Changing Firmwre is easy once you know how it is written, but keeping it the way you have modified it once it updates is the hard part..And Apple do their best to be infront on this...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i can't get on the apple forum unless i sign up so have no idea what it says on there, however O2 have lost their exclusivity to sell the iphone so even if they have signed a new 10yr contract it doesn't stop any of the other providers selling it as well

vodafone have anounced they will begin selling the iphone as well. They're expected to start shipping next year and orange should start sometime around the end of this year

Press Release

should make it more affordable

as for the hacking stuff, i know what you mean about the unlocking etc. I just said it was possible to unlock, keeping it that way i'll agree is not easy

Reaction score
10 years 02?

NO NO NO

I don't like the sound of that

I need this phone on t-mobile
It is true orange and tmobile are going to merge in November there's a good chance we will see the iphone on these networks.

Finally!!!

I heard that after 18 months they will look to change the network name how about............
t-orange!

or orange-mobile

lol

Reaction score
psd99 said:
10 years 02?

NO NO NO

I don't like the sound of that

I need this phone on t-mobile
l

I have an iPhone, have had since they surfaced, but seriously there are far better phones available on any network you want..iPhones are just flash toys..10 million and 1 applications etc that you will probably only use once when you are setting the phone up. Then you will just become a coffee shop iPhone user, just like everybody that has gone out and bought a MacPro....

Reaction score
you think so?

well the Nokia N900 looks like a great phone too
Linux OS on it too!!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
you think so?

well the Nokia N900 looks like a great phone too
Linux OS on it too!!

At the end of the day just giv me something that I can dial 07922241529 and say psd99 do you fancy going for a beer. I can't remeber where it was written,but I will find i sure as bob, that he vast majority of people don't use a quter fo what their phones have..Simple test here. psd99 whatmobile do you have ? Do you use every single function daily, do you use everysingle funtion weekly, do you use every single funtion monthly ? I bet you answer no to every single one of those questions. and sorry mate, not a pop at you, but who cares about linux ?I don't, but all the people that like the flash toys do, its just another thing to talk about..Oooo I have Linux...BLAH BLAH fricking BLAH...Rant over...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
At the end of the day just giv me something that I can dial 07922241529 and say psd99 do you fancy going for a beer. I can't remeber where it was written,but I will find i sure as bob, that he vast majority of people don't use a quter fo what their phones have..Simple test here. psd99 whatmobile do you have ? Do you use every single function daily, do you use everysingle funtion weekly, do you use every single funtion monthly ? I bet you answer no to every single one of those questions. and sorry mate, not a pop at you, but who cares about linux ?I don't, but all the people that like the flash toys do, its just another thing to talk about..Oooo I have Linux...BLAH BLAH fricking BLAH...Rant over...

easyyyyyyy

I currently have a very rough looking Nokia 6230 it is ugly and I want something sleek and sexy
and hey penguins rule the world

Reaction score
psd99 said:
easyyyyyyy

I currently have a very rough looking Nokia 6230 it is ugly and I want something sleek and sexy
and hey penguins rule the world

Just venting mate, not at you though..I am a fan of the penguins, just not full on..As for phones, there are so many new ones out now. YOu really just have to look at what you are going to use it for and what is most important for you..

Ask a Question