Bioshock 3 - 'Bioshock Infinite'

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I'll be skipping the 1999 mode ;). One of the things I like about Games like BioShock is that even if you die partway through a level, it's not the end of the world and restoring from a save isn't usually needed.

It's the first time in a while that I've been excited about a game - at least it's only a few weeks to wait now :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So I looked at the bonuses..

1) Bioshock. Got it.
2) Goodies for Team Fortress 2. I don't play TF2 anymore.
3) Free copy of X-Com Enemy Unknown.

Wha?

Lemme go by that again, that's two full price games for the price of one?

Ok, I'm in. Yes, I know you can get X-Com & Bioshock together for £46.52 on Amazon but that's still £16.52 worth of freebie, I've always fancied trying that X-Com game.

So, roll on Tuesday :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, I'm tempted b that too. Wonder if X-Com is any good.....?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just played an hour of X-Com, not bad, not bad.

Very well presented, good graphics, easy to understand interface, tactical turn-based combat.

One of those games that's fun to play if you fancy a relaxing hour or two, it's good but I'm personally a fan of fps's and rpg's, this style not completely my thing. It's better than Starcraft II though, imo.

I will play it but it kinda lacks the adrenalin rush or exploratory interest I prefer.

I think reefsmoka bought this one when it was first released, perhaps he could chime in with a comment or two?

Anyhow, to sum up - well worth sixteen quid :thumb:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yeah man, I got X-Com a good while back. You have to plan every move like you wouldn't believe, its a real tactical beast. Definitely worth the rrp on its own, let alone as a freebie. You can unlock some cool characters by inputting there names by creating a soldier manually, Sid Meiers is one of the best characters on the game for shizzle. Though it can get repetative, and frustrating isnt the word on some levels!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really enjoying this game :D

I'm not sure I like it as much as the first BioShock, but it's still a very good game indeed - a big thumbs up :thumb:. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there's a nice little homage to the earlier games at one point :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm now just a little way past the beach, I have to go find some energy to power the gondola. I've died twice so far, both times cos I got too flash, too complacent, and got shot. Oh, and I fell off the edge once, peeking over.

I like this game a lot, I've been spoilt this year, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite - superb :)

This game is very surreal and for the first half hour or so it's like when you have one of those dreams when everything is oddly normal but for some reason you have a deep state of unrest without quite knowing why, there is an underlying sinister aspect. There's also a fair few political digs and observations relating to the time, 101 years ago.

Just before I left the beach I kept hearing what I thought were snippets of a song I recognised. It eventually changes into the song proper - it's Cyndi lauper's 'Girls Just Want To have Fun'. Like it. And there's a religious zealot, Prophet Comstock, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Charles Darwin. A subtle little funny there methinks, religion and science in the same body ;)

Great game so far, with good graphics and textures.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
This is full of action from the beginning hey, non stop shooting for the 1st hour or so! Loving it so far, not the same feel as the 1st 2 Bioshocks, far more fast paced.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nine hours in now, loving it. I think 2013 may go down as a memorable year for PC Gaming and we're only 25% through the twelve month.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just read a review of the game and watched some game footage. Looks the biz.
I'm green with envy as I can not afford the game. Oh well I hope I live long enough for the price to drop.
Laughing.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just landed on Comstock's airship which means I'm near the end of the game. I've heard and read the last part of this game is frustratingly difficult, I hate it when that happens :D

I'm not a stayer either, I'll give it about ten tries usually, then lose my rag, then punch something and finally scream at the game developer and abandon it forever :mad:

But we shall see :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just completed this, took 3-4 sittings, not as good as Bioshock or Bioshock 2 in my opinion. There seemed to be more depth, better story, better gameplay and weapons in the other Bioshocks than in Infinite. It was still a truly great game no doubt, but I prefer Rapture to floating lands! Big Daddy's are better than Handymen and plasmids are better than vigors :). The story was so damn confusing aswell, it made no sense what so ever, I nearly even googled the plot line to try and recaps what the hell is going on. It sorta ties all in at the end, maybe its just me.

Ask a Question