FredBillie

<< From: "pulphero" (e-mail address removed)
Date: Fri, Jun 4, 2004 7:08 PM

What does everyone think is the best low-priced (under $100) scanner for
trading/collectible cards and comic book covers? The images will be put on
the Web. I'm leaning toward the Canoscan LIDE-30 ($67 at Amazon less a $30
mail-in rebate). Image quality is more important to me than speed.

Appreciate the help!Get the Canon. It will serve your purposes and you will have one less A/C brick
to deal with.

Jon Bell

What does everyone think is the best low-priced (under $100) scanner for
trading/collectible cards and comic book covers? The images will be put on
the Web. I'm leaning toward the Canoscan LIDE-30 ($67 at Amazon less a $30
mail-in rebate). Image quality is more important to me than speed.

I use the LIDE-30's predecessor, the N1240U, for a similar purpose:
scanning train/bus/etc. tickets for a page on my transportation-oriented
Web site. I'm very happy with the results, which you can see at
<http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/transit/tickets.html>. (I think the ones
from 2000 and earlier are from a different scanner, but I don't remember
when I made the switch.)

I use Ed Hamrick's VueScan software with the N1240U; it also works with
the LIDE-30, which uses the same processor. I haven't used Canon's own
software much, so I can't address its ease of use.