Best PSU for a Lian Li PC70 ?

Reaction score
I am 99% certain that my new case is going to be a Lian-Li PC70 (the full tower with 6 exposed 5.25'' bays. But from what I've seen, Enermax dual fan PSU's have to be fitted upside down, or some modification has to be made to get them to fit. Is this a problem with all dual fan psu's? Does anyone have a PC70 and have any suggestion for the best PSU to fit? :confused:

Reaction score
Eric...can you clarify...you have a Lian-Li PC70 and a dual-fan Antec PSU, and the PSU fitted with no modifications so that the second fan sucks air away from the CPU with no obstructions?

(Sorry to be pedantic, but I don't want to spend a fortune on the case and find I have to do any modding of any type!! I'm not a modder...:crazy: )

Thanks.:bow:

Reaction score
In theory, yes, but I keep hearing iffy things about dual fan psu's and the lian li PC70, such as:

from one web review of the case...

''The two-fan Enermax power supplies do not work well with this case since the 2nd internal fan would face the top of the case instead of down toward CPU. The PSU mounting holes are oriented wrong (upside-down) on this case.''

...and, from another...

''Unusually, the PC-70 has a metal enclosure around the PSU area. This means that PSUs that have a bottom vent might not work properly if you mount them here; there'll be very little clearance between the grille on the bottom of the PSU and the bottom of the mounting box...In a conventional layout, bottom-vent PSUs can be a good thing; they suck air straight from the CPU area. But the PC-70's got that big mounting box in the way, and it's riveted in place so cutting a vent hole in it will be a bit annoying. ''

...you see what i mean? ATX psu fitting isn't the issue...it's whether a dual fan psu can be fitted so that the second fan helps to cool the cpu...it sounds to me like a dual fan psu won't really work properly in this case, but I'm trying to get some confirmation on it...oh well...cheers for your response m8!

Ask a Question