Bebo

Reaction score
Hi there I didnt know anywhere else to post this in these forums, but Ive got a very interesting problem with the popular social networking site Bebo.

I get problems with my PC all the time and often google the problem and get the solution, however I'm unable to find any solution to this problem which is weird since so many people seem to have it..

The problem is with the loading of the Bebo page, the page should load and look like this:

bebo.jpg

However on my computer it looks like this:

beboproblemopa0.jpg

This problem only occurs on Bebo, not on any other websites. However bebo works fine on my friends and works computers..

Help would be much appreciated, cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like your PC isn't loading any of the images of CSS stylesheets from bebo. Does it do this on any other site?

I'd suggest resetting the security settings in Firefox to see if that sorts it :)

Reaction score
No it only happens on bebo, all other websites load fine.

The same thing happens in Safari and IE aswell..

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The only thing I can find is regarding the general problem of images not displaying on websites HERE.

I have no idea of a 'better' site to sort your problem - all sites just try to do their best - suggest you start googling.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The only thing I can find is regarding the general problem of images not displaying on websites HERE.

I have no idea of a 'better' site to sort your problem - all sites just try to do their best - suggest you start googling.

Cheers for the help

Ive been googling this for days, its getting very irritating now!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you try resetting the security settings? Does the site load OK in Internet Explorer?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well you said it didn't work in IE either - so how about trying it with IE and see if that works?

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if this will help but I recollect a similar problem with my wife's computer refusing to load images for ebay.

I hunted for quite a long while and even reinstalled FireFox a couple of times before I found the problem.

At some point my wife must have inadvertently chosen to block ebay images.

I navigated to Tools>Options>Content> then in the line that says "load images automatically" the box should be checked but if you go to the right and click on "Exceptions" you might want to make sure that there isn't an entry in there that has to do with your Bebo.

In my case it turned out that ebay used a specific site for their thumbnail images and that site had been blocked whereas all the rest of it still functioned.

Alternatively you might also want to check under the "Privacy" tab then "Cookies" section and look under that "exceptions" button to also make sure that there is no bebo url being blocked.

Reaction score
Tried all that and Bebo's still the same, the site isnt blocked in any way on my computer..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that the CSS stylesheet is being blocked - that link loads ok here you see.

Does this page load at all:

http://s.bebo.com/

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
graffic said:
"Cannot find "http://s.bebo.com/""

"DNS Error - Server cannot be found"
At the command prompt type ...

ipconfig /flushdns (press enter)

then type ...

ipconfig /registerdns (press enter)