BCM 2007 - Central SQL

• Thread starter Brian P. Hammer
  • Start date
B

Brian P. Hammer

I am trying to move the BCM database to a central server running SQL 2005 standard edition.

I have installed BCM 07 on a client. When I run the database wizard I try to select my SQL05 server. It fails saying that the server Cannot access the database server on computer SERVERNAME. I have tried both SERVERNAME\INSTANCE and just SERVERNAME. I have also copied the SQL file from the client machine to the Server and attached the database successfully within the SQL manager. Just cannot get BCM to find the server, let alone the database file.

I am able to connect to this database with other apps that use SQL05. Is there some special security I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

B

Brian P. Hammer

Have to enable tcp 5356 - Found this:

Outlook 2007 Document: Deploying Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager in a Remote Database Configuration

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ee-9ad5-4be5-b888-c9a50ae395ca&displaylang=en

Brian

I am trying to move the BCM database to a central server running SQL 2005 standard edition.

I have installed BCM 07 on a client. When I run the database wizard I try to select my SQL05 server. It fails saying that the server Cannot access the database server on computer SERVERNAME. I have tried both SERVERNAME\INSTANCE and just SERVERNAME. I have also copied the SQL file from the client machine to the Server and attached the database successfully within the SQL manager. Just cannot get BCM to find the server, let alone the database file.

I am able to connect to this database with other apps that use SQL05. Is there some special security I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Ask a Question