Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Graphics bugs/issues

Reaction score
Hey, This is on behalf of a friend:

Recently got the Battlefield: Bad company 2 beta, upon installation and trying to play the game this bug appears to "randomly" happen (attached Screenie)
This bug ALWAYS happens when an explosion takes place in the game, such as a tank blowing up.

I have tried:
Re-installing the game
Restarting PC
Redownloading & installing
Updating Graphics drivers
Checking DirectX version.

Every other game i use (call of duty: modern warfare 2, world of warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 dead 2) etc. this bug does not happen at all.

Any Ideas? i'm happy to answer questions... This doesn't feel like a graphics card error (at least i hope not) because it doesn't happen on any other game, but i'm happy to be corrected (ish :<)

Attachments

• Bug.JPG
    Bug.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 2,324

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The idea behind a beta version is for users to report bugs.

You're obviously experiencing a bug the game authors want to hear about and which will almost certainly be ironed out in the finished version.

If it was a regular release I'd say wait for or obtain a patch but as it's a beta it's probably constantly being patched.

Reaction score
Yeah, trouble is that my friend whom i am making this post for is using the same beta as me, as is another friend of mine.
he is the only one that experiences this.
Do you think that it may be only HIS graphics card that is bugged from the beta? is that possible?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know loads who are running this beta, looking at that screen shot i'd say its hardware issue, what sort of temps is the GFX hitting? Use GPU-Z to log them if needed. :)

Reason for windowed mode is?

Reaction score
Turn off his hacks! Just kidding. Actually, it probably is graphics, as there has been a couple of updates to both ATI and Nvidia since the game beta has rolled out.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Roflcopter66 said:
Yeah, trouble is that my friend whom i am making this post for is using the same beta as me, as is another friend of mine.
he is the only one that experiences this.
Do you think that it may be only HIS graphics card that is bugged from the beta? is that possible?

Right.

You didn't mention this beta is working fine on other machines did you?

In which case ignore my post ;)

Reaction score
All is sorted now! I'm not sure how but i'll post here if i find out, he just text me to say all is working now ><

Thanks for the replies! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Random, but good!

Tell us who, curious minds want to know. :D

Ask a Question