Baseline Security Analyzer Result not Understood

Dixie

Downloaded the Baseline Security Analyzer suggested by a friend and
ran it. Came up with the following result:

---------------------------
Baseline Security Analyzer
1 products are using a service pack not at the latest version or have
other warnings.

Result Details

MSXML Security Updates

Products using service pack not at the latest version or other
warnings are marked with yellow X

Score: X (yellow X)
Security Update: MSXML 3.0
Reason: The latest service pack for this product not installed.
Current SP3 is installed. The latest service pack is SP4.
----------------------------

The Analyzer then suggests that I goto the windows update site and
install the update. But, there are no updates, recommended or
critical listed. As far as the update site is concerned, I have
everything except that XPSP2 thing.

Any ideas?

Michael Cole [MSFT]

Hello,

I would recommend downloading the latest version for MBSA. This should also
pull the most current MSXML file when you run the Analyzer. Please see the
following web site for more information:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx

Kind Regards,
--
Michael Cole
MCSE, MCSA

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

--------------------
../From: Dixie <[email protected]>
../Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
../Subject: Baseline Security Analyzer Result not Understood
../Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:04:45 -0400
../
../---------------------------
../Baseline Security Analyzer
../1 products are using a service pack not at the latest version or have
../other warnings.
../
../Result Details
../
../MSXML Security Updates
../
../Products using service pack not at the latest version or other
../warnings are marked with yellow X
../
../Score: X (yellow X)
../Security Update: MSXML 3.0
../Reason: The latest service pack for this product not installed.
../Current SP3 is installed. The latest service pack is SP4.
../