Bargain price GTX 280

Reaction score
Damn you V_R, i would get one, but my 8800GTX handles stuff fine for now.

Would rather buy Guitar Hero World Tour!

Let me know how it performs.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Ooooohhhh, Shiny.

You should still get at least £100 on ebay for the 8800GTX so that takes the sting out of it.

Nice though, just a tad jealous.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Ooooohhhh, Shiny.

You should still get at least £100 on ebay for the 8800GTX so that takes the sting out of it.

Nice though, just a tad jealous.
Thats what i'm planning. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good timing from me, BFG is now out of stock and no ETA along with the Leadtek and Asus cards. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bargain! when its £99 quid in six months time I may then call it a bargain..:nod: :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
exactly, much longer and i wouldn't get pence for the 88GTX

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
WooT!!

Me got nice new shiney thing here, now i just gotta get out of work and go home to play! :p

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Woot!!

Ok all installed, just gonna eat so will bench and game in a bit.....

The cables are temp, waiting on corsair to send a new 8pin PCI-E, i got my PSU before they started shipping them with them.... lol just my luck. :p

I had to email them and request the cable, been waiting for a while tho... But it is coming from the US.

Pics now. :)

First the old card....

208tb94.jpg

...and the new one.

2vtyt7t.jpg

2ykgvn4.jpg

2nsnhqo.jpg

2qb88rd.jpg

Reaction score
I am very jealous lol looks really good, can’t wait to see how it performs in games and bench tests

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
They should come up with something to hold it up at the back as well, thats gotta be a lot of weight on the actual slot.

Looks good though.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Gutted, if its less than 4 weeks i will be impressed, GTX285 will be over £300 easy.

Is $420 so i reckon about £350, as it never works out well here.

Get a refund.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I had those beeps you mention on an 8800T it means the memory is fried..

A longish beep first (but shorter than post) then 3 real quick?? Deffo fried Memory.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bummer :( Can they not send a replacement card straight out?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that V_R :(

I fail to understand why OCUK have to send the card to the States, why can't they just exchange it?

I have BFG cards in all my machines, a 9800GTX 512Mb, 8800GTS 640Mb and a 7600GT 256Mb, I've always thought they made good cards.

The last one I bought promised a free T-Shirt and it was that which swayed me to choose the BFG over the EVGA card, they were identical and same price. Ok, not much but hey, a freebie's a freebie.

All that arrived was a voucher code and I had to e-mail BFG to claim the T-Shirt. They completely ignored me but did accept my product registration for the warranty. When I bought the 8800GTS a free T-Shirt came in the box.

So, that incident coupled with your RMA experience has put me right off of BFG cards.

And I've been reading so much negative stuff about OCUK lately I think they're on my crap list as well now.

That is bang out of order, at least a month's turnaround, totally unsatisfactory.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah deffo get a refund, i have had good and bad experiences RMA'd 3 things with OCUK, 2 stayed in UK for repair and one shipped to USA took about 5 weeks.

Get a refund then in 2 or 3 weeks you can get one even cheaper, better than paying £250 for something you won't have for a month then its worth £200 when you get it back.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I fail to understand why OCUK have to send the card to the States, why can't they just exchange it?

Yeah, I would push them on that - it seems very unfair that it was (pretty much) faulty on arrival and they want to make you wait a month :eek:.

Can you still get a refund under DSR and then just buy another?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
I had those beeps you mention on an 8800T it means the memory is fried..

A longish beep first (but shorter than post) then 3 real quick?? Deffo fried Memory.
yeah tahts it, and the card has a green light on it, which is now red.... Just for the sake of trying im in the process of trying 1 stick of ram as the OCUK guy said "its your memory" Which it blatently aint btw.....but i thought i'd humour him...

They cant send out a replacement as they are now all sold out and no ETA, they sold so quick because eveone wanted one cheap... lol

So the only option would be to send it back to them, and they send it to BFG for repair. In the States.

Im gonna ring them tomorra and say i want a refund rather than a swap...

just gonna install my 88 GTX now, at least i have this lappy to use for now. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, the 280 has a green light on the side, its red, didn't notice that last night, but i wasn't gonna start pulling it appart at midnight...

So that confirms it, DEAD 280. The 8800GTX is back in and the machine booted first time.....

Ask a Question