bar chart fill not registering

Rich

When I cut & paste a bar chart from Excel into Powerpoint
2002, or when I create a bar chart from within Powerpoint,
the pattern files (such as diagonal lines) spill over the
boundaries of the bar.The problem persists when i print or
covert to pdf. There is no problem in the original Excel
graph, and it also looks OK in edit chart mode. The same
file also looks fine on a different computer using
Powerpoint 2000. There seems to be no problem with soild
fills or with pattern fills in non-chart box. This has been
a frustrating problem -- I hope I described it clearly.

Glen Millar

Rich,

I have seen this before, but I'm not exactly sure of a definitive solution.
One thing that may help is to paste link. I have heard that it helps with
all sorts of display and printing problems. But maybe have a look at this
before heading down that track:

Problems with LINKED EXCEL CHARTS in PowerPoint
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00067.htm

Else please holler back.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com