Banned from EA/Origin Forums, lose games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is this legally possible?

Several gamers who joined EA Forums and were subsequently banned, rightly or wrongly, have been prevented from playing the single player games they paid money for.

Full story here

This smacks to me of underage arrogant twerps running the forum.

Take Uncle Flops' advice and steer clear of the EA forums.

Come to think of it, with their policies of 'You only have access to download your products for up to one year after purchase' and 'Accounts are deleted after 2 years of inactivity' it's probably best to avoid EA/Origin altogether.

Stick with Steam.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Come to think of it, with their policies of 'You only have access to download your products for up to one year after purchase' and 'Accounts are deleted after 2 years of inactivity' it's probably best to avoid EA/Origin altogether.

Ouch, the removal of access after a ban is harsh - but the above is potentially even worse!

I'm a big fan of Steam, so I've not been tempted by Origin yet :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That cant be legal?

I love Steam, if i could have got BF3 on Steam and not Origin then i would have done. Even if it meant paying a little more.

Origin works fine and i've even come to 'almost' like it......... But Steam is miles and miles ahead, and 0probably always will be...

Though to be fair the EA forums, (or as they have become known, the Lalala Forums, as that seems to be the standard reply to most posts from most of the members..) are full of idiots, why you would want to willingly participate on them is anyone's guess!! No seriously, they are worse than the Steam forums! lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Apparently the EULA agreement you electronically sign when installing a game with EA precludes you from taking legal action against them though whether that would hold up in a court of law is anybody's guess.

If it had happened to me I'd seriously consider suing them.

As for the Forums on EA & Steam, I partake in neither. I have looked at the Steam Forums once or twice though, for some game issues advice, and what I read looked civilised to me, quite helpful.

And yes, I like Steam too, I've seen some of it's most vocal opponents from when it was first launched actually come to champion Steam so they must be doing something right.

Ask a Question