BackUp Studio

Tramp

"Backing up your files and folders may be easy but it's restoring them
after the disaster occurred that may not since most backup tools tend to
pack the files in zip files or their own specific formats. BackUp Studio
will just copy the specified files and folders to another location so
that you do not encounter problems when restoring them."
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/fileutl/bs1024.zip

Lance M Hillier, Sr

Tramp said:
"Backing up your files and folders may be easy but it's restoring them
<snipped>
Thanks for your visit today, Tramp,
appreciated all the freeware goodies you presented.
Enjoy your day - and those to come...

Ted K

I have been trying to download an FTP program WS_FTP LE (the LE is
"light edition" or freeware). The two or three sites that are
associated with the developer apparently are blocking the download,
possibly to induce one to take the "Pro" edition for a fee.

Does anyone have an alternative site where this program can be
obtained?

It's supposed to be available on:
http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=ws_ftp&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go!+

which sends you to: ftp.ipswitch3.com Ipswiptch being the developer.

All you get is a "Can't connect to host" in the download monitor.
That, even if you go to the Ipswitch site.

The reason I'm looking for it is that my ISP recommends it for
uploading a home page to their site.

TIA
Ted

Tiger

I have been trying to download an FTP program WS_FTP LE (the LE is
"light edition" or freeware). The two or three sites that are
associated with the developer apparently are blocking the
download, possibly to induce one to take the "Pro" edition for a
fee.

Does anyone have an alternative site where this program can be
obtained?

It's supposed to be available on:
http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=ws_ftp&tg=dl-2001&search=
+Go%21+

which sends you to: ftp.ipswitch3.com Ipswiptch being the
developer.

All you get is a "Can't connect to host" in the download monitor.
That, even if you go to the Ipswitch site.

The reason I'm looking for it is that my ISP recommends it for
uploading a home page to their site.
Any ftp program should do. I'd recommend Filezilla or SmartFTP, both
good freeware alternatives.

http://www.buzzys.net/filezilla.html
http://www.smartftp.com/

--
Tiger

"If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe; but
precisely because I cannot do this, I must believe."
- Soren Kierkegaard

Henry The Mole

Hello, Lance!
You wrote on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:09:19 GMT:

LMS> Thanks Henry,
LMS> Works like a charm...

You are welcome, Lance :)

Best regards.

Ted K

Hello, Ted!
You wrote on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:11:55 -0700:

TK> Does anyone have an alternative site where this program can be
TK> obtained?

ftp://ftp.ipswitch.com/ipswitch/product_downloads/ws_ftple.exe
(690 kB)

Best regards.
I've tried all the ipswitch sites includiing the above with the same
result. Cannot connect.