Background noise on Logitech quickcam pro 9000

Reaction score
Hi, running it on a Dell M1330 with Vista. Video is fine but loads of background noise, sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel to anyone on skype. Have activated noise reduction in the logitech sw and set the recording volume very low. With various different mic volume settings it is always impossible to hear my voice on the skype test call.

Very annoying, no problems with the Dell integrated webcam and mic.

Had a logitech webcam before (quickcam 5000) and was awesome.

The webcam sits on top of a silent LCD monitor and no where near the fan of the laptop (reason I got it is for clutter free desk, laptop sits on table underneath out of the way when I'm not on the move).

Could it be the laptop fan causing interfearence even though its not physically near the webcam mic?

Any ideas?

Neil.

Reaction score
Neil you chump, just set the microphone sensitivity right down as low as it can go, your camera mic will pick up a gnat sneezing a mile away..

Regards,
Neil.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:D

Well done ... often the simple solutions are all that's needed.

:thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not often that people on here come up with there own solution through trial and error and then report back..

Well done Neil..:nod:

Reaction score
Well I figured it was viewed 39 times or something so maybe others found the same. Plus every other query I have posted on here has been answered - I thought I should answer one, even if it was my own...

Neil.

Ask a Question