AVG & OE6

Roger Johansson

chris said:
My incoming mails are not certified even when the option is checked. Anyone
knows if incoming mails are being scanned?

There is no way to certify that messages are virus free when they
arrive to the reader. This certification of outgoing messages is
totally useless. It is just a cheap trick to fool newbie users to add
an advertisement for grisoft.com to every message they post.

It is a way to spam usenet. Please turn that crap off.

c_e

chris said:
Did anyone encounter any problems using AVG and OE6?

My incoming mails are not certified even when the option is checked. Anyone
knows if incoming mails are being scanned?

I use AVG and OE6 but I'm not at all convinced that the email scanner works.
Ive had viruses arrive in my inbox that AVG doesnt pick up unless I manually
scan the attached file.

Sumairp

I use AVG and OE6 but I'm not at all convinced that the email scanner works.
Ive had viruses arrive in my inbox that AVG doesnt pick up unless I manually
scan the attached file.

I've had only a few viruses arrive and AVG has picked them up
immediately they come in.

The scheduler runs every day at 5pm and double checks my 3 HD's.
Every 4 days it checks for updates and automatically downloads them.

Could not be better.

Cheers,

Anthony Giorgianni

I tired to email the eicar test virus to myself

1) AVG prevented me from attaching it (either in text or zipped form) to
outgoing OE messages
2) When I shutdown AVG so I could attach and send, the message arrived but
my ISP intervened:

This message has been processed by Brightmail(r) Anti-Virus using
Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

eicar.com was infected with the malicious virus EICAR Test String and has
been deleted because the file cannot be cleaned.

So I couldn't test AVG

3) When I opened the OE sent folder, AVG immediately flagged the attachment
and moved it to the virus vault.

That looks pretty good to me.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Anthony Giorgianni

"Tried" :blush:(

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.
"Anthony Giorgianni" <[email protected]>

Ionizer

To quote Boomer:

"Could you please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
You are posting from the future.

For Windows :
1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
ZONE.
Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
5. Then click OK to save it.

~Further information at the site below.~
http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

Thank You Very Much :)

P.S. It does not matter if you are living on the far side of the moon.
Your computer clock/date/time zone is incorrect."

chris

Did anyone encounter any problems using AVG and OE6?

My incoming mails are not certified even when the option is checked. Anyone
knows if incoming mails are being scanned?

Richard Steven Hack

Did anyone encounter any problems using AVG and OE6?

My incoming mails are not certified even when the option is checked. Anyone
knows if incoming mails are being scanned?

From Grisoft's site:
E-mail check by Plug-ins or AVG EMS

AVG automatically detects the presence of supported email clients
during installation and allows you to install the plug-in for it The
plug-in allows AVG to integrate directly into the email client for
checking emails. AVG supports MS Outlook (97/98/2000/XP), The BAT!
1.6+ and Eudora (32bit) by plug-ins.
These plug-ins can be configured from AVG Control Center -> E-mail
scanner component -> Installed Plug-ins.
If you use non-supported e-mail client, you can use Personal E-mail
scanner (EMS) to check messages. More information you can find in FAQ
#121 and #122 in AVG EMS - Personal E-mail scanner section.
took the time and effort to run an antivirus on your system.

And you change the message to say anything you want, for that matter.
Tell people you ran AVG on your email but it's their problem if they
get a virus from it.