AVG Free Installation????

Roo

Hi,
I tried to install avg free anti virus and wont install at the end I get
this detail:

Local machine: installation failed

Installation:

Error: Action failed for file avgamsvr.exe: creating file....

No such file or directory

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Roo

MoiMoi

Hi,
I tried to install avg free anti virus and wont install at the end I get
this detail:

Local machine: installation failed

Installation:

Error: Action failed for file avgamsvr.exe: creating file....

No such file or directory

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Roo

Interference from another AV program, most likely Symantec, is known
issue mentioned in AVG forum. You have Norton AV? Is it uninstalled? If
so, get the uninstall utility from Symantec (that removes all traces)
and try again.

MM

David

MoiMoi said:
Interference from another AV program, most likely Symantec, is known
issue mentioned in AVG forum. You have Norton AV? Is it uninstalled? If
so, get the uninstall utility from Symantec (that removes all traces)
and try again.

Is AVG still free?
I read from 2007 it would not be.

David

Erehwon said:
Free version of AVG 7.5 still available at http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
.
7.1 is being discontinued on 2/18/07

I have AVG Free edition, but do not know which version it is, can I tell
somehow?
It says free on all my listings of it but the message at startup of the
computer which is counting down the number of days left, which is 2 this am.

Erehwon

David said:
I have AVG Free edition, but do not know which version it is, can I tell
somehow?
It says free on all my listings of it but the message at startup of the
computer which is counting down the number of days left, which is 2 this
am.
Open "AVG Free Control Center" or "AVG Free Edition Test Center". Click on
"Information" at the top of the window, then "About AVG Free". Either the
"Program" or "Version" tabs will list the Program Version. Mine says
7.5.432, Virus Base 268.16.7/619, Release date 1/7/2007 6:29 PM. With the
countdown timer, it sounds like you may have the TRIAL version rather than
the FREE version??? I've never seen the trial version so can't say for
sure. Did you just install it about a month ago??? They do make the free
version a bit more difficult to find than the paid and trial versions.

David

Erehwon said:
Open "AVG Free Control Center" or "AVG Free Edition Test Center". Click
on "Information" at the top of the window, then "About AVG Free". Either
the "Program" or "Version" tabs will list the Program Version. Mine says
7.5.432, Virus Base 268.16.7/619, Release date 1/7/2007 6:29 PM. With the
countdown timer, it sounds like you may have the TRIAL version rather than
the FREE version??? I've never seen the trial version so can't say for
sure. Did you just install it about a month ago??? They do make the free
version a bit more difficult to find than the paid and trial versions.

Yes it does say 7.5 Trial there and it is about a month ago I got it.

Do I wait to see what happens in 2 days?

Dustbin

David said:
Yes it does say 7.5 Trial there and it is about a month ago I got it.

Do I wait to see what happens in 2 days?

Yes. Sit on your lazy fat arse and wait.

<aside, what a ****ing idiot>

David

Wow!
What did I say to warrant such a mouth full from you?
Is there a clue in your user name?

William

Wow!
What did I say to warrant such a mouth full from you?
Is there a clue in your user name?
Don't pay him any attention. Really, it's up to you, if you plan on
buying AVG, trailing other software, or uninstalling AVG Trial and
installing AVG Free edition (free.grisoft.com). Personally, I prefer
Avast to AVG, but depending on the machine and its available resources I
may chose AVG over Avast (for example, my family's machine uses AVG so
that they don't have to hassle with the registration thingie, plus they
were already familiar with it before I discovered Avast, not to mention
that there machine has limited resources compared to mine). Anyway,
it's entirely up to you really.

Regards,

Will

MoiMoi

Wow!
What did I say to warrant such a mouth full from you?
Is there a clue in your user name?

Though Dustbin is just about always "over the top", his point is, you
seem to think you have the FREE edition of AVG, but you don't -- you
have the TRIAL edition for the pay version.

MM

Erehwon