Avast and MSE

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I used to use Avast as my AV for quite some time, but thought as everybody is going on about MSE I would give it a go.
Here's the thing. The computer has 2 x 250 gig drives for storage and 1 x 150 gig drive which contains the OS. I recently reformatted and the 2 x 250 gig drives are pretty much empty except for some folders I created for a later date where things would be stored. The OS drive has the OS, MS Office, Photoshop, Ccleaner, Rapid CSS, Steam, World Of Warcraft and iTunes.
When I scanned yesterday with Avast it took a good hour and a half to complete the scan. Now tonight after installing MSE and running a scan, it was complete in around 20 minutes.
How can two different AV's scanning the identical system have such a time difference ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know what you mean, i have terabytes of storage in my pc/network and ESET would take an age to scan it all literally something like 5-6 hours. MSE takes no where near as long as that.

Try running Trend Micro Housecall, that takes forever! lol

I wondered if it was to do with te longer it takes the more thorough and deeper the scan is/was, but i'm not sure if thats entirely the case, but i'd guess it part of it.

Ask a Question