AutoSum problems

Shaundra

I'm having trouble with autosum on imported data. I've
imported a 4,000 line table from access to excel and when
I try to use the autosum feature, I get a error message
for 'circular references'; and I also can't get rid of
the 'smart tags' even if I go into 'tools, auto correct,
smart tags'; also when I manual type in the function
Ex: '=sum(range)' it just fills the cell with the sum of
the first cell of the range I'm interested in. Any
suggestions? I can't possible add these on the adding
machine, not this year anyway :).

Frank Kabel

Hi
if you enter the formula manually like
=SUM(A1:A1000)
this should work if the values in this range are stored as numbers

Shaundra

I noticed I did have all the numbers in the column in red
font (and the red for negative numbers was on in the
format cells dialogue box, but its still not working even
though I've remedied that)?