AutoOpen code to Show/ Expand Add-ins?

G

gil

Hi All,

Is there W7 code to put in an AutoOpen macro to have Word2007 automatically show/expand Add-Ins upon opening? If you have add-ins with toolbars from Word2003, this would put their toolbars in a favorable position for display.

tia,

Gil

J

Jay Freedman

No, there is no such code. Macro (VBA) code has no access to the
ribbon.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so all may benefit.

T

Tony Jollans

If I understand (or I take Jay's understanding) it can be done, but I'm not
sure I would recommend it; it's quite a complex process and would probably
confuse many users. What is your objective? Why do you need to draw
attention to your AddIn? In what circumstance would it be helpful? And if
there is a genuine benefit to be had, could it not be better achieved with a
display of something other than the Ribbon - a UserForm, say?

G

gil

Hi Tony,

I use MS Word as an electronic medical record program for making medical progress notes, prescriptions, lab orders, etc. Some
others use it too. If the medical record making tools are too far off the screen, the users will never grasp it. The tools need to
be simple and visible. A toolbar is a good way to make it so.

You have a good point. Perhaps a UserForm that does not have the focus could be an alternative route. Hmmm. I'll think about
that.

Cheers . Gil

Gil Carter, MD, JD

60 second peek movies of TSMR in regular use: http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com, the premium & most versatile EMR, in regular
use since 1990; 3 month trial use available; uses Microsoft Word; also facilitates record keeping on other EMR's.
http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

G

gil

Hmmm. Thanks Jay, Like Suzanne says. Probably more than I want to get into. Thanks,
Cheers,
Gil

Ask a Question