Automatic Categorizing Calendar Appointments


D

Daviddude

Hi People, I need some help with an Outlook 2007 function.
In Calendar, you can select Automatic Formatting to color code appointments
automatically. If you click on the advanced tab, it is supposed to
automatically assign a category to an appointment. This is only working 1/2
way, as my Outlook will take the color and color code the appointment
correctly, but it is not categorizing the appointment. When I go to my
Outlook Today screen, the To-Do bar has my appointments but they are in the
standard blue color, not colored as they are in Calendar view. I have tried
the command line prompt " /remigratecategories" and that didn't help.
Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?
Thanks in advance for your help and replies.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Automatic formatting does not assign categories - it applies a view that
displays the appointments using a category color. The to-do bar appointments
show color physically assigned to the appointment.

BTW - when you physically assign a category, the automatic formatting does
not apply.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
 
D

Daviddude

Hi Diane, thanks for your reply.
I would think that it would categorize the appointment, because on the More
Choices tab, there is the Category button. I have my Outlook set to get the
color of the category from there, not the first tab labeled Appointments and
Meetings tab. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Diane Poremsky said:
Automatic formatting does not assign categories - it applies a view that
displays the appointments using a category color. The to-do bar appointments
show color physically assigned to the appointment.

BTW - when you physically assign a category, the automatic formatting does
not apply.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Daviddude said:
Hi People, I need some help with an Outlook 2007 function.
In Calendar, you can select Automatic Formatting to color code
appointments
automatically. If you click on the advanced tab, it is supposed to
automatically assign a category to an appointment. This is only working
1/2
way, as my Outlook will take the color and color code the appointment
correctly, but it is not categorizing the appointment. When I go to my
Outlook Today screen, the To-Do bar has my appointments but they are in
the
standard blue color, not colored as they are in Calendar view. I have
tried
the command line prompt " /remigratecategories" and that didn't help.
Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?
Thanks in advance for your help and replies.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it is not actually putting a category in the category field - it is just
using the category within that specific view. As soon as you change the
view, the "category" is gone. if you want a category on the item
permanently you need to physically add it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/



Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)




You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Daviddude said:
Hi Diane, thanks for your reply.
I would think that it would categorize the appointment, because on the
More
Choices tab, there is the Category button. I have my Outlook set to get
the
color of the category from there, not the first tab labeled Appointments
and
Meetings tab. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Diane Poremsky said:
Automatic formatting does not assign categories - it applies a view that
displays the appointments using a category color. The to-do bar
appointments
show color physically assigned to the appointment.

BTW - when you physically assign a category, the automatic formatting
does
not apply.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Daviddude said:
Hi People, I need some help with an Outlook 2007 function.
In Calendar, you can select Automatic Formatting to color code
appointments
automatically. If you click on the advanced tab, it is supposed to
automatically assign a category to an appointment. This is only working
1/2
way, as my Outlook will take the color and color code the appointment
correctly, but it is not categorizing the appointment. When I go to my
Outlook Today screen, the To-Do bar has my appointments but they are in
the
standard blue color, not colored as they are in Calendar view. I have
tried
the command line prompt " /remigratecategories" and that didn't help.
Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?
Thanks in advance for your help and replies.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top