Autocorrection


G

gerhard59

Hi all,

Since a couple of weeks my autocorrection on using capitals on new phrases
in Outlook 2003 does not work.
For reasons I am not using Word as email editor.
I have the latest updates installed and repaired the installation but no
solution.
It is very annoying that this does not work. I checked the options with
autocorrection but no matter how the setting is the first letter of a new
phrase is not capitalized.

Anyone out there who can help me solve this issue.

TIA

Gerhard
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Autocorrect requires Word as the editor if you use HTML format. You need to
use plain text format with the Outlook editor.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
 
P

Peter Durkee

Office 2003 Sp3 knocked out auto-correct here for plain text and RTF in
Outlook 2003, although one of the updates since then has it working again.
-Peter

Diane Poremsky said:
Autocorrect requires Word as the editor if you use HTML format. You need
to use plain text format with the Outlook editor.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


gerhard59 said:
Hi all,

Since a couple of weeks my autocorrection on using capitals on new
phrases in Outlook 2003 does not work.
For reasons I am not using Word as email editor.
I have the latest updates installed and repaired the installation but no
solution.
It is very annoying that this does not work. I checked the options with
autocorrection but no matter how the setting is the first letter of a new
phrase is not capitalized.

Anyone out there who can help me solve this issue.

TIA

Gerhard
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Correct - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943519 - it was fixed last Dec.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Peter Durkee said:
Office 2003 Sp3 knocked out auto-correct here for plain text and RTF in
Outlook 2003, although one of the updates since then has it working again.
-Peter

Diane Poremsky said:
Autocorrect requires Word as the editor if you use HTML format. You need
to use plain text format with the Outlook editor.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


gerhard59 said:
Hi all,

Since a couple of weeks my autocorrection on using capitals on new
phrases in Outlook 2003 does not work.
For reasons I am not using Word as email editor.
I have the latest updates installed and repaired the installation but no
solution.
It is very annoying that this does not work. I checked the options with
autocorrection but no matter how the setting is the first letter of a
new phrase is not capitalized.

Anyone out there who can help me solve this issue.

TIA

Gerhard
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top