autocomplete

S

Saleem

hi,

I am running MS Office Outlook 2007 (part of Office Enterprise Edition) on Windows XP Pro SP2, Centrino Duo 1.83MHz, 1 GB Ram.

Last week, we had an update to the McAfee antivirus automatically installed by IT at login (version 8.5.0i)
Since then autocomplete of email addresses (To, CC, BCC) has slowed down dramatically. I type a letter and nothing shows on the screen for upto 15 sec then the suggested receipient list shows up.

When I uninstalled the antivirus, everything went back to normal provided that I was offline (at work). I checked with other colleagues who have machines with similar software and things were running fine and smoothly with them.

Today I learned about the ".NK2" file that Outlook uses to store and manage the frequently used addresses.
My NK2 file was around 800k+ and when i renamed it and outlook created a new one, things went back to normal (speedwise) but i have to build that file again.

Now, although that I have read that other Office 2007 users suffered similar problems and their problems were directly related to the size of the NK2 file. My issue, I believe, is with the antivirus.
While the antivirus installed, autocomplete is extremely slow, without the antivirus, things are great. So if I start a new NK2 file, it will eventually get big and the problem will come back again.

I am hoping that some one can advise me with a solution.

thank you,
Saleem

G

TOOLS / TRUST CENTER / ADD INS / Manage:
find the mcaffee outlook scan addin and disable it

B

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Can you configure McAfee to not scan the .NK2 file?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
hi,

I am running MS Office Outlook 2007 (part of Office Enterprise Edition) on Windows XP Pro SP2, Centrino Duo 1.83MHz, 1 GB Ram.

Last week, we had an update to the McAfee antivirus automatically installed by IT at login (version 8.5.0i)
Since then autocomplete of email addresses (To, CC, BCC) has slowed down dramatically. I type a letter and nothing shows on the screen for upto 15 sec then the suggested receipient list shows up.

When I uninstalled the antivirus, everything went back to normal provided that I was offline (at work). I checked with other colleagues who have machines with similar software and things were running fine and smoothly with them.

Today I learned about the ".NK2" file that Outlook uses to store and manage the frequently used addresses.
My NK2 file was around 800k+ and when i renamed it and outlook created a new one, things went back to normal (speedwise) but i have to build that file again.

Now, although that I have read that other Office 2007 users suffered similar problems and their problems were directly related to the size of the NK2 file. My issue, I believe, is with the antivirus.
While the antivirus installed, autocomplete is extremely slow, without the antivirus, things are great. So if I start a new NK2 file, it will eventually get big and the problem will come back again.

I am hoping that some one can advise me with a solution.

thank you,
Saleem

Ask a Question