AutoComplete does not save username and password

I am operating Win98SE and IE6 when I type in my username and password, I
select "Save". But the next time I visit the same web page, I have to
re-enter the information. I tried all the suggested methods to solve this
problem however, Service.msc could not be found and the RSABase.dll also
failed. I know this was previously addressed for Windows XP HE, with
apparently the same results.

RRR_News

Is this a banking, financial, or secure site? The company may not allow the IE autocomplete feature to work with their site. Some sites like yahoo.com and ebay.com, also will require that you relogon after a period of time with the minimum of using your password, to logon to their site and use some features. Even if you check the box to remember passwords and/or stayed logon.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

I am operating Win98SE and IE6 when I type in my username and password, I
select "Save". But the next time I visit the same web page, I have to
re-enter the information. I tried all the suggested methods to solve this
problem however, Service.msc could not be found and the RSABase.dll also
failed. I know this was previously addressed for Windows XP HE, with
apparently the same results.

Thank you. Although it is a site that requires user name and password, it
did save user name and password in the past, could it be a glitch in IE6, and
should I reinstall?

RRR_News

It might be that they changed their security policies recently, you will need to check with them.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

Thank you. Although it is a site that requires user name and password, it
did save user name and password in the past, could it be a glitch in IE6, and
should I reinstall?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

G West said:
Thank you. Although it is a site that requires user name and
password, it did save user name and password in the past, could it be
a glitch in IE6, and should I reinstall?

AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password (IE 5.0, 5.5, 6)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306895

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Don Varnau

Hi,
Do you login to Windows? Win98 doesn't require a login, but autocomplete
needs it. One way to check... do cookies have your name, such as
(e-mail address removed) or are cookies listed as (e-mail address removed)?

This article may help:
152104 - How to Prevent a Logon Prompt at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104

Another possibility... export (as a backup) then delete this registry key,
then restart:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ IntelliForms\ SPW]

Additional possibilities at http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/11.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]