Auto Complete Username & Password

Allen

Previously opted not to save username and password for a web site login. But now I'd like to have the username and password saved. How do I get IE6 to again prompt me for it. And yes the auto complete options are enabled.

TIA

Hans Le Roy

Hi Allen,

IE, Tools, Internet Options, Content, Autocomplete. Make sure you have "User
names and passwords" and "Prompt me to save passwords" checked.

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Windows/IE

Previously opted not to save username and password for a web site login.
But now I'd like to have the username and password saved. How do I get IE6
to again prompt me for it. And yes the auto complete options are enabled.

TIA

Allen

As stated in the original request for help, those options are and always
have been enabled. That is not the issue.

The issue is that previously when prompted to save username and password at
web site ABC, I opted not to save them. Now I have decided I would like to
have the username and password for web site ABC saved, so I can just select
them from the list rather than having to type them. How do I get IE to save
them now?

Don Varnau

Hi,
Try:
(Freeware) Protected Storage PassView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html
Delete any entries that PSPV finds related to that site.

Or, clearing all passwords should reset the "Save Password" option. IE>
Tools> Options> Content> Autocomplete> Clear Passwords. Protected Storage
PassView will let you recover other cached passwords *before* you clear all
passwords.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]