Auto Preview window - doesn't clear

bobbie.connolly

In Outlook '07, I have "Msg. w/Auto Preview" selected. Sometimes the
msg I select shows in Auto Preview. sometimes the preview window is
blank. Sometimes if I switch to Contacts, or Calendar, and go back to
the Inbox, the information from the previous item I was viewing is in
the Preview screen. eg - if I look at my calendar then go back to the
inbox, the calendar remains in the Auto preview screen. And sometimes
if I have a msg showing in the Auto Preview screen and delete it, the
msg remains in the Auto Preview screen. Closing Outlook and re-
opening doesn't fix it. Any thoughts?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Your post doesn't make sense. What is an AutoPreview Screen?
Are you confusing autopreview with the Reading Pane? The two have nothing to
do with each other.
What does this have to do with Contacts?

bobbie.connolly

In Outlook '07, I have "Msg. w/Auto Preview" selected. Sometimes the
msg I select shows in Auto Preview. sometimes the preview window is
blank. Sometimes if I switch to Contacts, or Calendar, and go back to
the Inbox, the information from the previous item I was viewing is in
the Preview screen. eg - if I look at my calendar then go back to the
inbox, the calendar remains in the Auto preview screen. And sometimes
if I have a msg showing in the Auto Preview screen and delete it, the
msg remains in the Auto Preview screen. Closing Outlook and re-
opening doesn't fix it. Any thoughts?

I didn't mean to confuse anyone - I was confusing the two. My issue
is with the Reading Pane. To recap (using the correct terminology),
Sometimes the msg I select shows in the Reading Pane. sometimes the
Reading Pane is blank. Sometimes if I switch to Contacts, or
Calendar, and go back to the Inbox, the information from that item I
was viewing is in the Reading Pane. eg - if I look at my calendar
then go back to the inbox, the calendar remains in the Reading Pane.
And sometimes if I have a msg showing in the Reading Pane and delete
it, the msg remains in the Reading Pane. Does this explanation make
more sense?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

By default, that view does not use the Reading Pane. Did you customize the
view?

bobbie.connolly

--
Russ Valentine

I did in the respect of sorting the order of fields .

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You must have done more than that to invoke the Reading Pane. Have you tried
resetting your views? Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command
line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed
here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q156/9/82.asp
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
By default, that view does not use the Reading Pane. Did you customize
the
view?
--
Russ Valentine

On Dec 5, 4:37 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
What view are you using for your Inbox?
--
Russ Valentine

On Dec 5, 9:06 am, "(e-mail address removed)"
[...]
more sense?- Hide quoted text -
I'm using the "Auto Preview" view........
Bobbie- Hide quoted text -

I did in the respect of sorting the order of fields .