Auditing

stevej

Hi,

I'm trying to initiate a local audit policy for logon and I noticed that
there are "locks" on the folders. Can someone tell me what these "locks"
represent.

Also, when modifying the setting to audit this local policy it doesn't seem
to be working. Is this connected with the picture of the "lock" or do I need
to initialize another audit policy in addition to the logon policy?

Thanks
Steve

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

The icons with lock in Group Policy do not have any particular meaning. The
lock icon is just designed for some Security Settings.

To enable "Audit account logon events", you can check the article below.

300958 HOW TO: Monitor for Unauthorized User Access in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300958

NOTE:

1. Please check the Effective setting to make sure that you have enabled
"Audit account logon events".

2. If your computer is connected to a network, security logging may be
restricted or disabled by a network policy.

3. The security log is limited in size; carefully select the events to be
audited and consider the amount of disk space you are willing to devote to
the security log. If possible, save and clear the existing security log.
Check to see if you have the Audit log.

Thanks.

--------------------
| From: "stevej" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Auditing
| Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:50:38 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to initiate a local audit policy for logon and I noticed that
| there are "locks" on the folders. Can someone tell me what these "locks"
| represent.
|
| Also, when modifying the setting to audit this local policy it doesn't
seem
| to be working. Is this connected with the picture of the "lock" or do I
need
| to initialize another audit policy in addition to the logon policy?
|
| Thanks
| Steve

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so