audio

cathez

The speakers work but in the drop down box to raise volume
in advanced area- slider wont move and it is on the lowest
point. I can barely hear what is coming out. I can't find
any where to download data for my mouse thinking it might
be my brouser and can;t seem to get help through anywhere
else to find out how to figure out why the slider won't
move. The rest will. and I can't delete mail in my mail
box any more. I am not sure even where to post this.
Thank you if you can help,
Frustrated

Ben McDonald [MSFT]

Let me echo back the problems as i understand it
1) You cannot adjust the volume using the Control Panel->Sounds or the
little volume applet. When you open it, the slider is unresponsive to your
mouse but is not greyed out/disabled
2) You cannot delete email from your inbox

Ill need to ask some followup questions to understand your configuration
Regarding the volume problem, What sound card are you using? Are you using
the drivers built in to XP, or the drivers installed from the CD that came
with the soundcard/machine? If you click on the volume control, and hold
down the arrow keys, will it move then? What did you click on to launch the
speaker/volume window?

On the email thing: What email program are you using? Does it delete, and
then come back later? (im thinking it might be a checkbox to 'leave
messages on the server' when you configured the POP account)

-Ben

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at