Audio Recorder

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I was just dropping in to ask what would be the best free audio recorder so I can record music from my computers radio.

I tried one called Hi-Q but when I played the recording on itunes, the bass sounded all disorted and sucky.

Thanks for your time

-Geodude

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey G~Man! :)

Any recording system should do the job really - perhaps it was the codec you used when recording? Were there any options to pick the recording quality/codec?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i use audacity to record music i'm playing

you need to plug a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable from the speaker out into the microphone input, its also worth getting a 3.5mm splitter so you can keep your speakers plugged in

or are you after one of those software solutions ? if so i used to use a program called record n' rip, it worked fine but you only get a 30 day/25 use trial

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Google is your friend .

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/AUDIO_VIDEO_CAPTURE/

user.gif

Reaction score
Thanks - I did try google but the recorders I got all restricted me to what I can do before I needed to buy the 'full' version. So I was popping on here to see if you guys had any experiences with any that are good enough to recomend

And I am looking for software ME so I can record music I find on websites, like myspace and stuff :)

Also - what settings should I set the recorder to if I want CD quality tunes? I assume I just bang everything up to the highest quality?

-G

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
what would be the best free audio recorder so I can record music from my computers radio.

Audacity is good. I've even used it to record from some old favourite cassettes and it's possible to remove the hiss associated with cassettes.My recordings on CD are better than the original on cassette.

Reaction score
Thanks peeps - I found a working free one called MP3myMP3. which does exactly what I needed it to do :p

One minor issue I have is that when I record from a live streaming station I can hear kind of a hisssing noise when I play the recording back, is that what people would expect if you record from youtube and sites like that?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
All my recordings sound the same as the originals . I use a program called Daks .
nod.gif

Ask a Question