Audio CD's won't play correctly (anymore)

G

This problem just occurred when I inserted a custom audio CD (from my dad's musical band) into my CD drive and it appeared that it didn't read it correctly. When I go to My Computer and left click on my CD drive (as usual) there appeared to be no information about the disk. It almost looked as if the PC was thinking that the disk was blank. I then double-clicked the drive and Windows Media Player opened and attempted to play the CD, but there was no sound and if I tried to manipulate it at all (change tracks, drag the bar to increase the time of the track, etc.) then WMP would freeze each time. After multiple tries at getting that to work, I tried right clicking the drive and selecting Open, and with that it displayed all the tracks on the CD (even with the song lengths and such), but when I tried to open them WMP froze again. I tried non-audio CD's and they worked fine. I even tried playing my store bought Metallica CD and the same problem persisted. Please help me fix this problem, my dad wants a copy of this band's material soon because he has to return the CD's this week. Thanks for the help!

G

Hi, my CD-ROM's won't read anymore, I've tried troubleshooting and everything. I'm sorry to hear you've got that deadline for your Dad. Once you find a solution to your problem could you pass some advice my way? Thank you very much.

G

I'm sorry, I don't know what I did to fix it, but it just started working today when I popped a CD in. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything differently, I just got lucky I guess. The audio cd still doesn't show information about it (size, free space, etc.), but it runs fine when I double click it and play it in WMP. I don't know what to tell you man, but good luck!

G

glad it started working for you...was going to ask what software you used and what the settings were that were used to create the disk...

win-xp, roxio, nero, etc.
track-at-once, disc-at-once, drag-n-drop...

Ask a Question