From: "Mort Lebow" <[email protected]>
Subject: Attempting to upgrade to MDAC 2.7
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:38:43 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

I have been attempting to apply an upgrade for MDAC 2.7
on my Windows 200 Advanced Server with SP3 and running
Terminal Services. I am attempting to install Veritas
BackUp Exec on this server and my install fails due to a
problem relative to registering sql desktop engine with
MDAC. It appears that this is being caused by an existing
older version of MDAC, as the install attempts to upgrade
to MDAC 2.7 which it requires. After numerous failed
attempts, I then decided to upgrade to MDAC 2.7 prior to
doing the Veritas install. However, the upgrade appears
to take, yet after reboot and Veritas install attempt
again wants to upgrade to MDAC 2.7. It as if the upgrade
that I did is not taking effect.
--

Mort,

Use the information from the following article to confirm the version of MDAC installed. If the steps from this article show you
do have MDAC 2.7 installed then you will need to follow-up Veritas to find out why they keep trying to re-install it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];301202

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.