Attachments not showing up correctly

C

Conan Kelly

Hello all,

Now when I add attachments to new emails that I'm creating (using Word as email editor), the attachments show up as icons in the
body of the message. When I send these to my wife at her office (she is not using Outlook--some other non-Microsoft email program),
she does not see the attachment in the message body. But she does see one of those "winmail.dat" attachments (I'm guessing
"winmail.dat" is because of my AutoArchive is turned on) in the message header that she can not open.

If I reply to one of her messages, then when I attach files they attach normally in the message header and my wife can open
attachments that way.

This is something new. It used to be every email I wrote added attachments in the message header and not in the body of the
message.

Is this a setting that I've changed? How can I get Outlook/Word to add attachments to the message header and not place them in the
message body?

S

Sanjay Singh

You've changed your email format to Rich Text. (Whether intentionally or
unintentionally). Change it back to either Plain Text or HTML.....

Tools-Options-Mail Format

Ask a Question