ATL71.dll - Error message

Vido

I get this error message when I get into Windows:

"This application, ccSvchst.exe, will not start because the file atl71.dll
is missing. Re-installing the application might fix this problem."

I don't know how this happened. I used my PC last Friday and everything was
ok.
I turn my PC on tonight and get the above error message.

I tried to install WinXP SP2 from the CD figuring this would install the
missing file. WinXP SP2 installed up to the "performing cleanup" stage, then
the installation stopped.

System Properties shows that my PC has been updated to Service Pack 2.
I don't know if the installation was complete.

I've been told that atl71.dll is a system file. How can I install the file
atl71.dll?

Vin

Detlev Dreyer

Vido said:
I get this error message when I get into Windows:

"This application, ccSvchst.exe, will not start because the file atl71.dll
is missing. Re-installing the application might fix this problem."

The file "ccSvchst.exe" does not belong to WinXP. "W32/Sdbot-DIW"
http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32sdbotdiw.html --> Advanced tab
I've been told that atl71.dll is a system file.

That's a "Microsoft® Visual Studio .NET" system file. Anyway, this is no
point of interest.
How can I install the file atl71.dll?

No need to install that file in order to accomodate the malware's demand.

pcbutts1

That good file is sometimes mistaken (false positive) for a virus and gets
deleted by anti-virus anti-malware removers. My free Remove-it software will
fix your issues and replace that file for you automatically during the
cleaning process. Remove-it version 16, it's fast and free. It now has over
6500 signatures to remove All variants of Rogue scanners, Desktop/Homepage
Hijackers, Trojans, Codec's, and related Malware/Spyware. New Feature,
Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This tool is designed to
Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2-10 minutes. Designed
for Windows 2000/XP only.First read this page
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email link on the bottom of
the page to receive the software.

Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/