C

canbaby

Hello:
I build XP embedded SP1 on my system, my display card is
ATI Technologies,Inc. RAGE XL PCI,
when I login into the XP embedded,
and ALT+ENTER TO full screen the DOS terminal, the screen only display
some dirty image in the top 1/5 of scrren, I guese the problem is the
display card drive's bug, someone suggest?Please gave some hits.
Thanks
--canbaby--

K

KM

canbaby,

Please check windows\fba\FBALog.txt and \windows\SetupApi.log for related errors to make sure the proper display driver got
installed.

Also, you may want to check the driver status with Device Manager or devcon.exe tool.

Hope that you tested how the display card worked in text mode under Window XP Pro.

Also, please see if this XPe Rel.Note is of any value to you:
"If you are using an ATI Rage Mobility Pro video adapter in a configuration, you will find that the ATI Hotkey Poller Service entry
that accompanies the ATI Rage Mobility Pro drivers will not run correctly in the run-time image. This causes the video adapter to be
incorrectly installed when the run-time image is complete. To properly use the service that is supplied in the .inf files for this
video adapter, you must first disable the ATI Hotkey Poller service entry in the component resources. During the initial boot of the
run-time image, the ATI Hotkey Poller is then installed and run correctly. This allows you to use the full functionality of the ATI
Rage Mobility Driver in the run-time image."

Ask a Question