Asus p2l97-ds xp doesn't install with dual 300mhz processors installed

G

I have an Asus p2l97-ds motherboard with 2 300mhz processors. Xp pro wont install with both processors installed. I've tried the acpi multiprocessor, the mps multiprocessor, and just letting it do it's own thing. After it copies the installation files and reboots it just continues to reboot. If I interupt and enter debugging mode it tells me "multiprocessor_not_supported". Works if I install with 1 processor removed. anyone got any ideas

G

Hi

In BIOS, have you enabled multi processors
Have you tried to update the BIOS and chipset drivers

Pete

----- DaveA wrote: ----

I have an Asus p2l97-ds motherboard with 2 300mhz processors. Xp pro wont install with both processors installed. I've tried the acpi multiprocessor, the mps multiprocessor, and just letting it do it's own thing. After it copies the installation files and reboots it just continues to reboot. If I interupt and enter debugging mode it tells me "multiprocessor_not_supported". Works if I install with 1 processor removed. anyone got any ideas

Ask a Question