Assigning a character

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Portege bought in the UK, and now I live in Portugal, needing to write in Portuguese. When I change the Keyborad setting to PT, I lose my ? character. I would like to assign the ? character to some key. What do I do ? THANKS !

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Change the keyboard setting to Portugese.

This can be done in Windows, Linux and the Apple thingie.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The European Portuguese keyboard layout doesn't have/use the ' ? ' even tho it uses a QWERTY style layout ... try installing the Brazilian Portuguese keyboard layout as well as the EP layout. It at least has all the letters of the alphabet in the right place if you using a European keyboard ... Don't even try it with that silly English US keyboard, they can't even speak English, IMHO. :)

How to change the keyboard layout

If all that fails, try holding down the 'alt' key and typing 63 (ALT+63), that should work on any keyboard layout ... is loosely called the ASCII character code set.

welcome to PCReview

:user:

Reaction score
The Keyboard Setting is already in PT (Portuguese) , and the ? character doesn´t work

Reaction score
The Alt+63 in the Brazilian Portuguese Keyboard setting just repeats the last key stroke. But I found out that Alt Gr + W key produces the ?
THANKS !

Ask a Question