Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.6 ... a short quick review.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE!! 6.6 ...

Multi-disc file backup and restore on CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs & much more.

Create compressed backup archives with powerful password protection, Split archives automatically across multiple CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs, Restore archive contents to their original locations.

Integrated Audio CD ripper store your audio tracks as WMA or WAV files, New option for setting the number of copies you want to burn (available for all disc formats), Discs can now be verified immediately without being ejected first (if the drive supports this feature).

Numerous other small improvements that make the program easier to use and more effective, Burn files and folders on data CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs, Burn Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files, Burn MP3-CDs from your MP3 files, Burn Video DVD, Video CD (VCD) or Super Video CD (S-VCD), Create and burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc images, Burn speed and other options can all be set automatically.

The opening screen ...

Simply Click ... Burn Files and Folders ... and you off.

next ... add some files, or, folders

oops ... as you can see, this one is too big for a CD. :D

Better "remove" that folder and save it for a DVD ... lets try another folder.

Once you have added enough files or folders ... click finished.

You are then presented with the next screen, if, like me you haven't loaded a blank CD/DVD ... ;)

OK ... here we go.

Now just click ... Write CD

Now just wait ... not long, really depends on the speed of your CD/DVD writer AND on the type of media you are using. :thumb:

All done ...

Just go back to main menu if you want to burn some more files or folders, or press exit if finished.

Ashampoo Burning Studio is excellent at what it does ... I'm more than happy to give it 9.5 out of 10

Any questions, feel free to ask ... :thumb:

Enjoy!
mucks :cool:

oh, nearly forgot ... download it from;

HERE :D

Reaction score
Cheers.:thumb:

I used to use Burn4free.

Looks like your up & running for the pcreview comp.:bow:

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
Cheers.:thumb:

I used to use Burn4free.

Looks like your up & running for the pcreview comp.
bowdown.gif
Just leading the way ... no need to be too articulate, especially with a few pics that can tell the story for you.

:thumb:

And, it is a good program ... it's also free. :D

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Never used this before, but I'm going to install it now :) Looks like a great bit of software :nod:

Nice one Mucks :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How do they do it for free?

I'm going to try that.

I paid £35.00 for Nero 8 about a month ago and to be quite honest I'm really not that impressed with it.

Nero 6 was great, Nero 7 was awful and I'm still not sure about V8.0

So let's try a bottle of this Vosene then ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Its quick, its neat, it dose not have a lot of frills, its a small download, its easy to use , it has a fan base, it has on-line pictorial guides produced by fans, its free .

:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's a great review Mucks :nod: (I bet that website is going to be really busy over the next few days.) :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Hiya, Mucks!
happywave.gif

Have you tried to burn ISO files with it?

Reaction score
Hi Mucks,

I tried this software the other day to copy a cd and it got to the end and said that error orcored when burning data coudl this be something to do with the software??

wiz

muckshifter

Reaction score
Urmas said:
Hiya, Mucks!
happywave.gif

Have you tried to burn ISO files with it?
'ello Urmas, pleased to see you helping our Linux readers. :thumb:

Yep, I have used it to burn ISOs ... use the "Create/Burn Disk Image" / "Create a Disk Image from a Project"

Browse to the ISO file, add it and burn.

Ashampoo has a very good "help" database ... ;)

Attachments

• absiso.JPG
    absiso.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,755

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I too have had problems with this software

I tried to backup my photographs and videos folder and it stopped and crashed the machine with just a minute to go, tried again the next day and it done exactly the same thing in the same place with just a minute to go, used different dvd discs on both occasions just to make sure it wasn't my media.

First was a Verbatim DVD-R and the second I used a Philips DVD+RW

So at the moment am undecided on this software..

muckshifter

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi Mucks,

I tried this software the other day to copy a cd and it got to the end and said that error occurred when burning data could this be something to do with the software??

wiz
I have never had an error with this software, and I burn a lot of CD/DVDs ;)

The other contenders are ... bad media, cheap unbranded CD/DVDs, crap/failing burner, playing COD, or any such game, while burning, not enough processing power or free memory.

These burning programs have pretty much sussed out all past problems, when we had low spec PCs, some burners recommended a min 300 CPU ... ah, now I show my age. :D

Have you 'fixed' your PC yet?

muckshifter

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I too have had problems with this software

I tried to backup my photographs and videos folder and it stopped and crashed the machine with just a minute to go, tried again the next day and it done exactly the same thing in the same place with just a minute to go, used different dvd discs on both occasions just to make sure it wasn't my media.

First was a Verbatim DVD-R and the second I used a Philips DVD+RW

So at the moment am undecided on this software..
Not tried this myself ... hope it ain't the norm.

I don't use "back-up" programs, not since Win 95 and MS's inability to have cross-platform compatibility. Never ceases to amaze me how many of the "backups" fail to restore ... naw, not for me.

I prefer just to "copy" files & folders to CD/DVD that then can be read by any PC.

Reaction score
Hi Mucks,

Thanks for the reply.

This is the disk drive that I have ASUS DRW-1814BL 18x DVD±RW IDE DUAL LAYER LIGHTSCRIBE

its only a few months old could this the disk drive going back becuase I treid to burn a file in Vista and it said it would take 2hours to burn I thought that was weird??

Computer problem.

Going to update BIOS soon and see if that helps becuase I have a two more errors today come up.

Regards,

wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Not tried this myself ... hope it ain't the norm.

I don't use "back-up" programs, not since Win 95 and MS's inability to have cross-platform compatibility. Never ceases to amaze me how many of the "backups" fail to restore ... naw, not for me.

I prefer just to "copy" files & folders to CD/DVD that then can be read by any PC.

I don't know if it would apply here but if I had said 'I tried to backup' I would mean exactly what you say - just making a data disk of files, folders, whatever. I would not mean I was using a dedicated 'backup' program.

I haven't tried this yet but I'm going to.

Does it work in Win 98 does anybody know?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey Flopp's thats exactly why I thought I would give this software a go.

I normally only back-up only my most important files and folders meaning vids and photographs and important documents, usually the way Muck's does just write them to dvd and stick them in the draw and forget em.

But this time I thought I would actually use this free software to see if it would do a better job, alas instead of just getting on with it, it crashed twice using different media both times..

I have now backed up those files to 2 DVD's using good old drag and drop and windows itself and have had no problem both written in under 15 minutes..

So as Muck's says in his earlier post compatability issues have always stopped me in the past and software issues look like they will be stopping me in the future too..

Ask a Question