Articles / Reviews

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My thesis is almost in, which means I'm going to have some time for articles and reviews :D I'd like to know if there are any articles that would be of particular interest here, as I can concentrate on researching and writing those articles first :thumb:

If anyone has any thoughts, please do let me know in this thread and I can add the popular ones to the list of things to do :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All experiences of Windows Vista would interest me.

Games that work and games that don't, with full system specs.

32 bit or 64 bit system?

Any hardware driver problems.

And anything else that seems relevant or interesting relating to Vista.

Reason is, I'm hoping soon to be able to buy a flat screen TFT TV and using a computer with it as a media centre. And as Windows Vista has all the Media Centre components, I'd like to use that OS.

I'll be using a 500Gb hard disk and will be storing lots of albums in mp3 format and movies converted to DivX.

The idea is to use the computer/TV to view movies on hard disk, movies from the DVD drive and music. Sound card output will be to a Hi Fi system, normal two channel stereo.

And of course it may be interesting to play a few games on a large TFT screen.

I'm still not sure whether to go for a 32" or 26" TV, probably will go for a 32".

Rest of the system, just out of interest:

Asus M2V Motherboard
Athlon 64 3200 2Ghz single core CPU
1Gb Kingston PC6400 RAM
Asus Nvidia 7300GS 512Mb Video card
Hauppage Win TV Nova T 500 twin digital tuner TV card.

So what I'm wondering is will Vista be good for this home entertainment system?

A review would be good :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like the sound of that one. I'm looking into a new system at the moment, and if it goes ahead my current Vista system will be converted into a Media Centre, so it would give me a chance to test your idea out. :thumb:

Ask a Question