Are quick styles the same as styles?

M

martin gifford

Hi,

Are quick styles (Word 2007) the same as styles?

(There are many such oddities in Word 2007, and it's surprising that finding
explanations is so hard! You get a dialogue box like "save as quick style?"
How do I know? How about telling me what a quick style is and how it relates
to styles?! Why did MS create a whole new interface and REDUCE the help
files. Weird!)

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Martin,

The Word 2007 Quick Style Gallery on the Home Ribbon is intended to allow you to access a specific subset of Word styles that you
select to be on a particular 'Quick Style List' so that you can swictch our a specific style you want to work with are close at
hand for a specific task, or for your everyday work. Word 2007 comes with around 11, predefined Quick Style sets you can use from
Change Styles=>Style Set.

The styles are 'regular' paragraph, character or linked (character/paragraph - depending on usage context) and you can choose which
ones included in Word 2007's style list are included in the Quick Style gallery. The Gallery is only one of the tools in Word 2007
available for managing the visibility of styles. To manage styles,click on the Home=>Styles launcher button at the bottom right
of that group and in the Styles Pane that pops up, clickn on the 'Manage Styles' button at the bottom

You can save Quick Style Sets (they're stored in Word templates) to have them available to you via the
Home=>Change Styles=>Style Set list.

There are 36, user modifiable, context galleries for use in the Ribbon in Word 2007 for applying formatting by example/rules.

====================
Hi,

Are quick styles (Word 2007) the same as styles?

(There are many such oddities in Word 2007, and it's surprising that finding
explanations is so hard! You get a dialogue box like "save as quick style?"
How do I know? How about telling me what a quick style is and how it relates
to styles?! Why did MS create a whole new interface and REDUCE the help
files. Weird!)>>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Ask a Question