ApplyTemplate problem

Mohan Kumar Karunakaran

Hi,

I am currently migration PowerPoint 2000 templates to 2003 templates and I
have problem applying design templates created in PP 2000 to PP 2003.

I have four design templates created in PP 2000 and I have a code module to
apply these templates using VBA. The template name is "Info PowerPoint
Template Ltr". When I try to apply these template programatically it applies
the template. When I check the applied template name it shows "1_Info
PowerPoint Template Ltr".

Does anyone have a clue why "1_" is added before the file name.

I tried to save these templates by opening in PP 2003 and applied the
template. When I checked I got the output as "2_Info PowerPoint Template Ltr".

I am not sure why this is happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mohan

Shyam Pillai

Hi Mohan,
If you apply a design using a presentation file (*.ppt/*.pps), PowerPoint
will copy the master from that file into your presentation and append an
index number indicating which master was copied. If you manually apply the
design and choose to import all masters then PowerPoint will append
1_<name>, 2_<name> and so on. If you do not desire this, you can rename the
master after it has been applied in your presentation.

Shyam Pillai

Animation Carbon: Copy/Paste/Share animation libraries.
www.animationcarbon.com

"Mohan Kumar Karunakaran" <Mohan Kumar
news:[email protected]...