Windows XP application failing

Reaction score
I was cleaning up my computer and I went to ad-aware to delete all that was in quarantine and there was a file or application that I should have not deleted. Now I'm getting a error message that read the application or dll c:windows|pchealth helpctrbinarieshcappres.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette. It also happens when I try to open my photos program files\hpqmfcoq and adobe\photoshop album starter edition\3.0\apps\libtiff. I tried to do that recovery console but it did not work and system restore and that did not work. Do you recommend anything. Thanks for your time. trusting big time
windows xp intel prntium 4 cpu 2.53 ghz, 256 mb of ram, version 2002 service pack 2, dell decktop 4550 hard drive 30mb digital video disk drive 680m

Last edited:
Reaction score
i would say go to command prompt, type regedit and then search for helpctrbinarieshcappres.dll and delete all ref. in there.
To fix photos install iView which is free software, it should sort it out. I prefer ACD 2.0 for photos its incredible for photos

Reaction score
I add more info about photos

a2amali said:
i would say go to command prompt, type regedit and then search for helpctrbinarieshcappres.dll and delete all ref. in there.
To fix photos install iView which is free software, it should sort it out. I prefer ACD 2.0 for photos its incredible for photos
where do i go to command prompt and will it still work with the info I add on the orignal message

Reaction score
Click the 'Start' button & then click on 'Run'
Or you could wait to see if anyother better advice is forthcoming later on tonight?

Ask a Question