apology ... to whom it may concern

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It seems my attempts at joviality have been misinterpreted once again ... :(
For this I apologizes ... I forget that not everybody can take a joke and what seems like a joke to one person will seem an insult to another ... I'll try my best in future. (and the leopard will change its spots)

The post in question has been deleted ... we, as Mods, only delete obscene posts or Spam, other posts are either locked or merely soft-deleted ... so, I obviously must have really upset someone.

:(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You cant leave it like that, What did you say and to who???

Wasn't anything to do with that homebrewer idiot was it? :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Mucks - I think I can guess which post you are talking about ;) - for my part I realised you were tongue in cheek, joking and generally 'being Mucks' :p

I'm sure that 'person' ;) will come to realise it was all in fun also - so please don't change, we love you the way you are
458.gif

:thumb:

Reaction score
I missed that too... Lets see... Who could it be...

Was it the one and only Mr Hexasplat by chance? If not, enlighten us!!!

But i go along with everyone else in saying this - W T F (mate) in an overtly austraaalian accent ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats the one, as i understand it. :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think thats probably enough speculation and innuendo now - I would suggest we all just take the apology as it was meant and move on....;)

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what happened :eek:

But if we aint allowed to know, then fair enough i'll keep my nose out of other peoples business

Reaction score
Nothing happened, i just decided to stick with my current username, the reason i got ****ed off is that of the comments about my position...

You fail to remember that i was the one who contributed the most when the crunching project began, i put a lot of time and effort into getting points for good causes.

It's not that i can't take a joke, it was just how it was worded, 'you will be at the bottom in a week anyway' or something like that was posted.

The reason i scored so highly in the beginning was because i was an employee of an internet company, however i quit that job a fair few months ago, thus why points have lacked from me.

As i had around 5 x Dual Pentium servers with that company just because i worked for them, it was all free, and since all that crunching power has been lost.

I now, unfortunately only have three available machines to crunch with, obviously not as powerful as the servers i had when i was employed with the internet company.

;)

Reaction score
I think you have to take everything said here light heartedly, thats how it works. Theres no point in getting worked up over anything and no reason to get aggitated. When you do, things like this happen. No-body is denying that you were a high scorer in the beginning.

If geting points for good causes is your priority, why not just have one username, put everything under that, and forget about it - instead of fartarsing :)

Besides - why does it matter if you are at the bottom in a week - ask yourself this - whats is most important? Your position in the table, or the fact your helping cure cancer. Thought so.

I couldn't care less whether i was 1st or 300th - another one of my family friends just a couple minutes away from here was diagnosed with leukemia a couple weeks ago - meaning i have 3 friends with cancer. Two leukemia, one sarcoma - and she just got MRSA throughout her body.

As you know, its about helping out - not the beuracratics. I know that i want to do everything i can to help, as you probably realised when i was talking about getting my bone marrow tested for little CJ who lives down the street...

In short I think some people might be getting too worked up over things and forgetting about what really matters here. Whether you make 1 point or 1 million, your still helping. And you never know, the lowest scorer might have crunched a cure.

I swear this Rio tropical is alcohol free :rolleyes:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Chris - We all recognise that you contributed hugely at the beginning, and I for one am very grateful for your contributions, both then and now. Everyone who contributes, regardless of scores, is doing a great service for a worthy cause.

There will always be banter and micky taking - its good for moral and stimulates debate and interest - its just part off being in a team enviroment - without it things would be very boring!

We all just need to be aware of where the boundaries are, and consider things accordingly...

:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IMO, the two paragraphs that say it all.....

Chris P said:
In short I think some people might be getting too worked up over things and forgetting about what really matters here. Whether you make 1 point or 1 million, your still helping. And you never know, the lowest scorer might have crunched a cure.
Well said. :thumb:

Adywebb said:
There will always be banter and micky taking - its good for moral and stimulates debate and interest - its just part off being in a team enviroment - without it things would be very boring!
I do hope so! :p

I wish i could put things as well as you guys just did. :)

Reaction score
:rolleyes: :blush:

Im fine now, it was just last night, was late and i got rather annoyed about it, as of speaking now, i have one computer and one laptop, and one server to be added to my username on BOINC, but because of my fartarsing it wouldn't let me change my username back to ChrisIMRIE so i had to stick with Chris-M-Imrie, oh well ;)

Reaction score
Well all it takes is a can of Rio tropical - 13.6% extra free

£4.75 + VAT for 24 375ml cans in Makro :)

Reaction score
ChrisIMRIE said:
:rolleyes: :blush:

Im fine now, it was just last night, was late and i got rather annoyed about it, as of speaking now, i have one computer and one laptop, and one server to be added to my username on BOINC, but because of my fartarsing it wouldn't let me change my username back to ChrisIMRIE so i had to stick with Chris-M-Imrie, oh well ;)

One word - consolidate

Make everything report to one username. Then forget it. Makes it alot easier for everyone.

Don't forget Neil is the one who has to assemble the points daily so he has to deal with your fartarsing on a daily basis... making posts to welcome new names and stuff...

Its just easier to have the 1 name, like everyone else.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is sorted know, I think there have been some good points raised in this thread, especially those V_R highlighted :D

We're all crunching for the same thing, but we have different resources available to us :)

Oh, and I leaned a new word too - fartarsing! :blush: :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And on a serious note...

christopherpostill said:
I think you have to take everything said here light heartedly, thats how it works. Theres no point in getting worked up over anything and no reason to get aggitated. When you do, things like this happen. No-body is denying that you were a high scorer in the beginning.

If geting points for good causes is your priority, why not just have one username, put everything under that, and forget about it - instead of fartarsing :)

Besides - why does it matter if you are at the bottom in a week - ask yourself this - whats is most important? Your position in the table, or the fact your helping cure cancer. Thought so.

I couldn't care less whether i was 1st or 300th - another one of my family friends just a couple minutes away from here was diagnosed with leukemia a couple weeks ago - meaning i have 3 friends with cancer. Two leukemia, one sarcoma - and she just got MRSA throughout her body.

As you know, its about helping out - not the beuracratics. I know that i want to do everything i can to help, as you probably realised when i was talking about getting my bone marrow tested for little CJ who lives down the street...

I swear this Rio tropical is alcohol free :rolleyes:

He sure do speak some sense for a young 'un, don't he?

Ask a Question