aol 9.0

J-Man

hey i have aol 9.0 optomized and every so often it shuts
down and restarts itself. i also reinstalled it and it
still does the same thing. anybody know why.

Chris Lanier

Greetings

AOL needs to help support their software. You are paying for support as
part of your service.

Testy

Cause AOL sucks?

Testy

J-Man said:
hey i have aol 9.0 optomized and every so often it shuts
down and restarts itself. i also reinstalled it and it
still does the same thing. anybody know why.

Jason

* J-Man said:
hey i have aol 9.0 optomized and every so often it shuts
down and restarts itself. i also reinstalled it and it
still does the same thing. anybody know why.

Call AOL, that's what you pay them for.

Jason

John Ski

Subject: aol 9.0
From: "J-Man" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 12/2/2003 1:59 PM Eastern Standard Time

hey i have aol 9.0 optomized and every so often it shuts
down and restarts itself. i also reinstalled it and it
still does the same thing. anybody know why.
Helpful aren't they? Bet you're really glad you asked! I would check your
Internet Connection(dialup, cable, whatever) and see if it's the problem. Look
at the Status tab of the AOL System Information Applet. It has an error log
which may point you in the right direction. Write down any error info that
seems pertinent and see if an online help person can decipher it. Also, under
Utilities, try uninstalling the AOL Adapter and letting it reinstall when you
restart AOL. This may correct the problem.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Jason

* John Ski said:
Helpful aren't they? Bet you're really glad you asked! I would check your
Internet Connection(dialup, cable, whatever) and see if it's the problem. Look
at the Status tab of the AOL System Information Applet. It has an error log
which may point you in the right direction. Write down any error info that
seems pertinent and see if an online help person can decipher it. Also, under
Utilities, try uninstalling the AOL Adapter and letting it reinstall when you
restart AOL. This may correct the problem.

HTH,
John

But we were very helpful. We told him to call his isp, such as it is,
and get the support from them that he/she is paying for. It's an aol
thing not a ms thing. I'd bet my next beer on it. Only thing aol makes
well is coasters. :)

Jason

John Ski

But we were very helpful. We told him to call his isp, such as it is,
and get the support from them that he/she is paying for. It's an aol
thing not a ms thing. I'd bet my next beer on it. Only thing aol makes
well is coasters. :)

"Cause AOL sucks?" Yeah, right, Jason(and I do know this wasn't your response).
This is typical of the help one gets for AOL in here. It might well be a
combination of things one of which IS an "ms thing". I'm sure the OP knows he
can call AOL. I just don't see why people get off on abuse and sarcastic
remarks whenever an AOLer asks for help. The answer isn't always "AOL Sucks" or
some equally crappy remark. If you're so damn smart...why not try to offer
some suggestions as to things he might try to solve his problem as you
would(one hopes) for anyone else on some other(allegedly) better ISP. E.g.,
when someone on RoadRunner has a connection problem do you ever see the answer,
"get a real ISP" or "because RoadRunner sucks"? I've been on AOL for a long
time and I've had a few problems, too, but from what I read here and hear on
the street so do all the "real" ISPs. You're one lucky surfer if your ISP has
NEVER unceremoniously kicked you off for no apparent reason. And if you come
here asking for help with the problem, I'll give you some if I can...without
any smartass sarcasm. I'll get off my soapbox now. And if you need some
coasters for all that beer, I've got some AOL 7.0 CDs I'd be happy to send you!

Cheers,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

That seems to be perfectly normal for AOL, for what I've seen over
the years.

I'm afraid you'll need to contact AOL's tech support for resolution
of problems with (or caused by) their product; Microsoft has no
control over AOL's product quality (or lack thereof).

Troubleshooting America Online in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q306478

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you: