Anyone used the Physx Drivers

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

If this is in the wrong section i apologise.

So apparently Nvidia is releasing or has released drivers which enable a normal graphics card to run Physx.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

Not many compatable games at the mo, but any game that supports an AGEIA Physx card will support this.

I have installed the drivers and enabled Geforce Physx in the Physx control panel and am trying it out on Company of Heroes and Crysis.

Massive difference in COH but can't see any in Crysis, but to get the best benefit all the settings need to be maxed out.

From what i read it uses some of the cores and shader processors to help out the CPU, kind of like the 9800GTX +.

Drivers work on 8 series 9 series and GTX series. It says minimum of 256MB but i have reads it won't work unless you have 512MB.

Oh and there is the option of a free game, i didn't bother with the other stuff you can get.

Reaction score
I cant remember what game it is however its installs PhysX drivers as standard on its initial setup

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not tried this myself yet - but I should really give it a go :)

What sort of things chaned in COH?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Just little things really, like explosions the debris lasts a lot longer and they look alot better, more colour in there as well.

Tanks churn up dirt, when the howitzers fire it is the coolest thing, instead of 5 or six explosions that tear up a bit of dirt, you end up not being able to see alot from the smoke and fire.

Like i said just small things but it makes a great game look so much better.

Ask a Question