Anyone recommend a UK hosting company

Reaction score
One of my british friends is trying to set up a site and he's rather new to the whole biz. I told him to register his name at the same place I registered mine, which is 000domains.com. He wasn't able to register there and I'm thinking maybe its because he's from the UK. I also recommended a host that I use but I'm thinking he might have the same problem because they're also in the states. 000domains is good cause its only $13 to register a name. So I guess what I want to know is:

A.)Are their any good inexpensive british registars?

B.)And are their any good fairly inexpensive british hosts? He doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles. Just a cheap host thats a good alternative to all the crappy free hosts out there.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use www.Easily.com / www.Registerfly.com for domains (first for UK domains, latter for US) - both cheap and easy.

As for hosting, www.Kualo.com has been excellent for the last year - although servers are based in the US, it is a UK company and has some very reasonable prices and I've had no problems (and some excellent support). The only problem is if you have a large UK audience, the servers aren't as quick to initially load the page (due to the massive physical distance!).

Reaction score
i have used these and these and never had any probs, although you can't beat free and there's no strings, apart from a charge if you move the site to another host, i am currently using these to keep cost's down! (used this company for years, no probs)

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
It really depends on what he wants,

I run a hosting company, but its small at the moment, and domains are the following;

.com / .net / .org / .info = £4.99 per year

And 100mb webspace / 1gb bandwidth is included with it for free.

Chris,

Ask a Question